43

Everyone snaps their heads to the girl that walked in. Akira, who had just gotten up from bed, looks around groggily and stops when she saw you. The way she smiled at you fueled the rage you felt and you instantly turn to Mikey, slapping him harshly.

"Screw you, Manjiro. You fucking liar." You say through gritted teeth.

Mikey just looks down, eyes looking as empty as ever. He didn't expect to get caught this early. Earlier, he lied to you about Akira being gone for good when she was only a few doors away. He thought he could get away with it and have you back but then this happened.

"It was never my intention to—"

You cut Mikey off with another slap. It was rather risky since he had anger issues and he could hurt you if his dark impulses gets triggered but as of now you didn't really care about that.

"Why do you always lie whenever you open your goddamn mouth?" You whisper before turning around and roughly pushing past the guys.

Kokonoi calls out for you and he follows you out. Ran and Rindou argued about what Rindou said to you before, Ran being so mad at him for causing this whole mess. Mochi and Takeomi were escorting Akira back to where she slept and asked her to pack up her stuff and leave while Kakucho, Sanzu, and Mikey were all silent as they stood still. They were too upset and shocked about what had happened.

Little by little, Mikey felt the darkness inside him was slowly trying to consume him once again. He had tried to fix things with another lie, making everything even worse. As you walked away, Mikey counted your footsteps and every number made his chest heavier. It was almost unbelievable how you had such power over him.

Your anger turned to tears but you refused to cry over something so stupid so your furiously wiped them away as you got out and left. As the sun slowly starts to come down, your feet automatically walked by themselves. You didn't know where you were going, you just wanted to be far from there as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, you couldn't take another step anymore so you sat on the sidewalk near a convenience store. You had no phone but you had your own money and debit card. It was already dark by the time the hot tears stopped flowing, leaving you with hiccups here and then.

You furrow your brows when you noticed another shadow close to you and immediately turned around, ready to kick and punch whoever thought of messing with you at your state. Turns out, it was only Hanma with a plastic bag in hand.

"Goddamn, you sure walk fast." He mutters with a chuckle, taking a seat next to you. "I really should've brought my motorcycle with me."

"You were following me...?" You ask in confusion.

"Well, of course. I had to make sure you were alright." He replies and casually shrugs. "Figured you needed time for yourself so I just followed you until you eventually got tired. Luckily, you stopped here."

Hanma motions to the convenience store and held up the plastic bag. You look at it and noticed there were several types of snacks inside.

"You're probably hungry, so eat." He gives you the plastic bag before shoving his hands in his jacket pockets. "After that, we can take a walk together to clear your mind."

You silently nodded your head before starting to eat. As soon as the food touched your lips, you realize how hungry you actually are. In less than five minutes, you've finished everything.

"Sorry, I didn't leave you any." You mumble to Hanma who merely waves it off with a laugh.

"They were all for you, sweetheart. No need to say sorry." He smiles, patting your head affectionately. "Do you want to take that walk now?"

You nodded and stood up, Hanma taking the garbage from you and tossing it in the garbage can before dusting his hands. As you two walked slowly, you both fell into silence. There wasn't really much to say about everything. He already knew you had a bad encounter with them that day and he'd rather not remind you of it by asking unnecessary questions.

Hanma notices you shiver and so he casually pulls you closer to him, an arm wrapping around your figure to keep you warm with his own body heat. After some time, you decided to tell him everything that had transpired and just like earlier, your anger turned to tears once more. He rubs your arm gently to soothe you, his deep voice telling you that it's alright to cry it all out.

You were about to tell him that you didn't want to cry when suddenly a group of men appeared from in front of you two. They looked like they were from an amateur gang and it seemed like they knew who you were as well as the guy beside you.

"Nothing personal, Reaper. We just want the girl. Boss's orders." One of them said, his words making Hanma laugh.

"Oh, but this is personal." Hanma replies with a sinister grin. "You want to take my woman? You have to get through me."

Hanma protectively moves you to stand behind him. There were only about ten to fifteen men. They didn't faze Hanma at all—he wasn't called the Grim Reaper for nothing.

"Look, Reaper, we won't hurt her. Our boss just wants to see her."

"Sweetheart, you wanna go with them?" Hanma asks you without taking his eyes off of the men.

You scoff and crossed your arms. "Of course not. I don't even know who their boss is."

"Hear that, boys? She doesn't wanna go see your wimp of a boss." Hanma tells the men with a smirk.

"Stop messing around, Shuji." You tell him in a cold tone. "Just hurry and beat them up so we can go home. I want to sleep already."

Hanma chuckles at this. "Sorry boys, I have to beat you up...boss's orders."

You were amazed at how strong and powerful Hanma actually is. Even though he got punched, none of them could actually bring him down. Soon enough, more than half of them had already passed out while Hanma's still moving about.

A scream escaped your lips when you felt rough hands grab your arms. You responded by forcefully throwing your head back at the person and made him let go of you. As he clutches his nose, you kicked his balls to make him fall on his knees before kicking his back. He had no reason to surprise you like that.

The guy passed out and you made him your seat as you waited for Hanma to finish the others off. It would have been nice to fight with him but he seemed to be having a lot of fun on his own.

"We.were.on.a.perfect.late.night.stroll.and.you.just.had.to.ruin.it!" Hanma says with a sadistic grin, punching the guys with every word.

You smile to yourself as you look at him. He always seemed rather calm with you. Well, sometimes he isn't but usually he is calm and now that you see this crazed side to him...you liked him even more.

"Shuji, are you done now?" You ask with a yawn. "I'm so sleepy, let's go."

"You're lucky I have to stop..." Hanma says to the guy before he glances at you with a smile and turns back to the guy he was beating up, throwing one last punch to his face. "...I have to cut this short—my woman needs me."

In the end, Hanma stole one of the men's motorcycles and drove you to Yuzuha's apartment where Yuzuha was waiting for you ever since it got dark. Upon seeing you, she quickly ran to you and hugged you. She also noticed that Hanma's face was slightly bruised and that's probably why you got home so late.

Hakkai was by the door, watching you three from afar. He didn't know what kind of mess you were getting into but he was absolutely curious. A girl like you with a guy like Hanma. He wasn't sure if you and Hanma were a worse pair compared to you being with the guys from Bonten. What he knows for sure is that none of them were good for you.