21

It's been weeks since then and Takeomi has not once said anything about it to anyone. He didn't want to get himself in the spotlight since it would be such a drag. He was fine with the little moments you two had from time to time.

You could still remember everything that happened and at that time, you honestly couldn't control yourself. Not that you regret anything, though.

The rest of the Bonten executives were suspicious of their advisor but not one of them has voiced out their suspicions. You added to that when you kept staying close to Takeomi despite being just as close to him before.

It was lunch time and you had just finished cooking and cleaning the kitchen. Though you were tired, you didn't show it as you didn't want them to fuss over you again.

During meal time, you spent the whole time talking to Kokonoi about the funds for this month. Everyone else was still half-awake so they stayed silent as you two conversed. Although Mikey would butt in a few times, just being sarcastic and rude whenever you suggest something to Kokonoi. It was odd but you and Kokonoi decided to brush it off.

Mikey finishes his meal first and takes his plate to the sink. When you noticed this, you smiled because this is the first time he has ever cleaned up after himself.

"You don't have to wash them, Mikey. I'll do it." You say as you approach him.

"Who said I was going to wash them?"

Your smile drops and your expression turned cold. Well, that wasn't what you expected to hear from him at all.

"Wash the dishes." You tell him calmly.

"What?" He asks, eyes glaring at you in disbelief. "What the hell did you just say to me?"

"I said wash the dishes, Manjiro." You repeated once more still in a calm tone.

"Are you telling me what to do?!"

By now the others have noticed the commotion and turned around to see what was happening. They were about to step in between you and Mikey but you held a hand up to stop them.

"Wash the fucking dishes, Sano Manjiro. I'm not going to repeat myself for the fourth time." You say firmly, crossing your arms.

Mikey's glare sent chills to everyone's spine but not to you. Sure, he had superiority since he's No. 1 in Bonten but this is outside of work and to you, he's just like everyone else. This wouldn't have happened if he didn't give you attitude for no reason at all.

"I'll do i—"

You cut off Kakucho by raising your hand again. This is some serious matter that doesn't involve any of them, just you and this...thing in front of you.

Mikey rolls his eyes and starts washing the dishes albeit harshly like he was imagining the plates were you as he bangs them and scrubs them. Everyone else was still, knowing how Mikey is. One snap and he'll be a killing machine again.

"Are you mad at me, Manjiro? Because you seem like you're mad." You spoke, watching him furiously clean the plates and utensils.

Everyone else held their breaths. They wanted you to stop taunting Mikey but at the same time they were scared you would get mad at them.

"Sano Manjiro, are you even listening to me?" You raise your voice since he was ignoring you. "Are you angry with me?!"

"I am not fucking angry!" He yells whilst still staring at the plates.