41

Steamyyyy chapter ahead

You guys won't believe how many times my mind changed before I wrote this chapter

__________

Hanma drives you back to Yuzuha's place but when you tried to find the key, you realize you must have lost it during the fight. You curse under your breath and turned to Hanma who was waiting for you to get inside.

"What's the problem?" He asks, waving the puff of smoke out of his face. "Can't find your key or something?"

"I must have lost it during the fight." You whisper, running a hand down to your face in frustration.

"Do you have cash or a card? If you don't have any money, I can pay for your hotel." He offers but you immediately refuse.

"I do have cash but it's not enough to pay for a hotel until Yuzuha comes back and my card is inside." You tell him. "Why is my life going downhill?"

Hanma chuckles at this and gets off his bike to walk over to you. He places a finger under your chin and tilts your head up, brushing his thumb softly against your cheek.

"Stay with me for the meantime, then. Don't worry, I don't bite." He spoke softly with a small smile. "You can trust me right? Besides, it'll be fun to live together."

"Shuji, you are a lifesaver!" You smile at him gratefully and wrapped your arms around him. "Thank you for always being there whenever I need someone."

"Must be fate, huh? You're always getting me into trouble." He mutters with a laugh and you playfully hit his back. "Kidding. I like trouble."

Hanma didn't know how long you needed a hug so he just stands there and wraps his arms around you as well, rocking you both side to side. If anyone's pulling away first, it would have to be you.

"Well, it's pretty obvious." You say as you pull away from the hug. "You're an adrenaline junkie."

"Right you are!" He laughs, his deep voice echoing in your ear as his chest vibrates against yours. "Life's not so dull when you're around."

"I'm glad I entertain you, Hanma Shuji." You playfully say with an eye roll.

You eventually pulled away from Hanma and he then leads you back to his motorcycle. Without a word, he wraps your arms around his torso before he starts driving.

Hanma took his time with driving. He talked to you with enthusiasm over the littlest things. You were surprised that a guy like him was actually pretty talkative. The two of you could go on for days, talking about whatever comes in your minds.

When you got to his place, he warns you to keep quiet. He was living in one of the sketchiest places you've ever been to but you didn't want to judge. After all, Hanma has been a great person to you and he's pretty much your hero. Or rather partner in crime.

"It's not much but it's home." He says, motioning to the whole place.

Surprisingly, the place looked pretty clean and organized. You would have thought that a guy who liked danger and thrill would have his clothes littered around.

"It's kinda small compared to where you live, I hope you don't mind." He adds.

"Your place feels like home, literally." You smile warmly at him. You didn't lie. Though his place is small, it had that kind of homey feel to it.