23

You woke up with a headache. It was around eleven in the morning and your stomach grumbled for not being fed since the night before.

"Good morning, how's your sleep?"

You ignored Ran's question and focused on the tray of breakfast he was holding along with medicine for your hangover. Last night was fuzzy and you couldn't remember anything after dancing with Hanma.

"How...did I get here?" You ask as you try to remember anything from that point and forward.

"You should eat first and drink your medicine." Ran says, sitting beside the bed and placing the tray on his lap.

You were fed carefully as if you couldn't feed yourself. Ran liked doing the work for you, though. He seems like the type who would pamper his lover.

"I apologize on behalf of everyone. I just realized that we must be suffocating you. We took advantage of your kindness and now we can only make up for it all." Ran spoke up as you were drinking water after finishing breakfast. "It must be quite frightening to be in a different world just to stay with us. I know everyone here wants to make you comfortable and we all wish we could join you there in your world. It's just...we can't, we don't know how yet."

"Ran, I'm fine here." You tell him with a smile, bringing a hand to his cheek. "I wish you guys could come to my world but since it can't be done, I'm fine with staying here in yours. And I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I was just so annoyed and angry...I didn't mean to destroy the bracelet..."

Ran smiles softly and leans his face closer against your palm. "We all understand, princess. You don't need to apologize. In fact, we should apologize for what we've done and thank you for everything you've done for us. We all appreciate your kindness and we're gonna do better, we promise."

After that talk with Ran, you took a shower and went to the living room area. There was someone there that you didn't expect to see.

"Hi there, darling." Hanma greets you, getting up from the couch and walking over to where you were standing. "How's your head?"

"A bit better now." You mutter, still staring at him confusedly. "Not to be rude or anything, how are you even here?"

Hanma chuckles and leans closer to your ear. "You got my back, right? Don't let these suckers kill me or else no one will give you fun motorcycle rides anymore whenever you're drunk."

Ran and the rest of Bonten narrows their eyes on Hanma but they all knew they couldn't actually threaten to kill him. It was still unclear to them what your relationship to him is and they didn't want to hurt you by killing someone you cared for even though they all despise him.

"Don't do anything stupid to get you killed." You roll your eyes and push his face away. "Thanks for driving me home again safely, by the way."

"I'll gladly do it again but you shouldn't get that drunk next time." He says before backing away. "Anyway, I just dropped by to check up on you so..."

"You gotta go?" You ask.

"I gotta go." He says with a nod.

You accompanied Hanma all the way down with the guys quietly trailing behind you two, their eyes focused on Hanma and his hands that he had kept inside his jacket pockets.

They immediately got on the elevator after you and Hanma did which was quite awkward to say the least but at least that was over now.

"I'm surprised they're so lenient with you having guy friends." Hanma whispers without turning to you to avoid letting the guys read his lips.