38

"So where do you plan on staying?" Chifuyu asks as he drives around the city. You were beside him, head empty and eyes focused on the road.

"I think I'm just gonna stay at a hotel until I run out of money." You shrug, not really thinking much about it. "I don't want to use the money and the card they gave me. Luckily, I still have some of my own."

You wanted to leave but at the same time you didn't. The curiosity in you was making you stay despite the heavy feeling you had.

"You can stay at my place for a while." Chifuyu offers with a soft smile. "Free of charge."

"With you?" You ask, turning to face him.

It wasn't like you didn't view him as a friend but you just didn't want anything to go on between you two. You've already crossed the line with Mitsuya.

"Well, no. If you stay at my place, I'll be staying at Tora's." He explains and you nod.

Despite the kind offer, you politely refused. You didn't want to burden him by taking over his place when you could just rent your own apartment and find some work to do to help pay your bill. You still had a lot saved in your bank account, it would be enough for you to live off of it for months.

"Wait..." You mutter under your breath, realizing something. "Shit, my bag."

"Why? What's the matter with your bag?" Chifuyu asks, glancing over to you. "You don't have a bag."

"That's the problem, 'Fuyu!" You groan and leaned your head back. "I dropped my handbag when I pushed him."

"Then let's go get it." He says, about to turn around when you stopped him.

"I don't wanna go back there right now." You mutter, looking away. "Can you please call Yuzuha and ask her if I can stay at her place for a few days?"

Chifuyu looks at you and sighs, stopping the car at the side of the road before taking out his phone. "I only have Hakkai's number so we'll have to ask him for Yuzuha's."

You nodded understandingly and patiently waited. He starts off by asking Hakkai if he was with his sister and if he could talk to her. Fortunately, Hakkai didn't ask any questions and just passed his phone to Yuzuha who was wondering why Chifuyu wanted to talk to her.

You listened as Chifuyu explains the situation, your situation. It didn't take that long for him to give you a thumbs up, telling you it was all good now.

"Do you still want to come by the shop tomorrow?" He asks and you immediately nodded your head. "Alright. I'll pick you up, okay?"

"Thanks, 'Fuyu." You say with a small smile to which he returned.

Chifuyu drove you to Yuzuha's apartment where her and Hakkai waited for you outside. Yuzuha immediately came to you and hugged you while Hakkai just settled with a pat on your head.

"We're going to be traveling for a few weeks. Will you be alright here by yourself?" Yuzuha asks in a soft tone, wishing her schedule wasn't so packed.

You nodded and hugged her tighter. "Thank you for letting me stay, Yuzuha. I promise I won't be a burden, I'll find a job and th—"

"You should rest!" She cuts you off, pulling away from the hug to look at you. "You don't need to rush yourself, okay? You're always welcome at my place. Stay as long as you need."