13| Past

Briella and I drove around the city for almost three hours, we stopped to get ice cream of course! Ice cream is the best!

As much as I don't want to ruin the moment, I have to tell her about my past. We decided to go to an isolated beach, we sat and watched the waves as we ate our ice cream.

"Briella," I spoke. "I want to warn you too..."

Briella looked at me with such pure eyes, she raised her eyebrows, indicating that she was listening.

"My past isn't good, I'm kind of fucked up" I began. "My parents weren't the best so I don't know want true romance looks like....shit I don't know what real love is."

I locked eyes with her beautiful blue ones, she seemed unfazed by my words, I thought she would have ran by now.

"I had a shitty parent too" she softly reassured me, sending me a cute smile which exposed her dimples.

Was Jason De Luca abusive to her? Or was he just a bad parent?

"If you're okay with sharing, I'll always be here to listen" Briella spoke, making butterflies dance in my stomach. I'm going to start calling Brie "butterfly" since that's what she makes me feel.

For some reason, I felt safe in her presence, like I could speak to her about anything and everything.

"My dad beat me, mom encouraged it, she didn't give a fuck. I took the beatings for Miguel, I couldn't let my baby brother go through that..."

She held my hand in her tiny one, tracing circles on my palm.

"I killed them Brie, I killed my parents" I told her, she lightly squeezed my hand.

"I killed Jason" she said.

She WHAT?

"No fucking way!" My eyes widened. "You're kidding!"

Briella sent a soft smile and placed her hand on her face. "Yeah...he also beat me.."

Woah.

Wait.

~6 years ago~

Miguel, Marcus, Nicole and I waited for Briella to arrive. She was never late, we thought she was sick or something. Suddenly, she showed up with a huge bruise on her head, a cut on her cheek and she was limping.

"What the hell happened to you?" Nicole asked.

"I...I um...fell down the stairs" Brie mumbled.

"God you're so dumb" Marcus scoffed.

I knew she didn't fall down the stairs, the injuries didn't match with the excuse. She couldn't even look any of us in the eyes, her hands was shaky and her breath was heavy. Miguel then held her hand and we just let it go.

Why the hell did we let it go? We could've got her out of there sooner....

"I'm sorry butterfly" I said while caressing her cheek. Her scar was almost faded but if you looked closely, you could see the battle scar.

"It's fine, I'm fine" she smiled. "I'm sorry you went through that too."

My mind began wondering if he done anything else to her, memories of teen Briella came running back. Like the time she had blood running down her leg, she blamed it on her period. Or the bruises on her wrists, she blamed it on a mission.

"Did he do anything else to you...you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable."

"Yeah....but I'm okay, I went through therapy" Briella replied, the sunlight caught her diamond blue eyes, the way she looked at me made me feel invincible.

"You're the most bravest human I've ever met" I told her. And that's the truth.
I've never seen anyone as fearless as her, Miguel told me about what Marcus did and I hope he rots in hell.

"Thank you Raf" she cutely chuckled. We then decided to drive back home, she then informed me she's going to take a few days off. Marco is going to step in for her. Brie explained that she couldn't see Scar right now, she told me the whole kitchen situation.

I just want to protect her, make her feel safe and sound. The way she looks at me like I'm the only man in the world intoxicates me.

The weirdest part for me is, I don't even want to have sex with her.

I mean, I'd love to have sex with her but that's just not my priority. I just want to hold her in my arms while she listens to the rhythm of my heartbeat.

I think....I'm in love.

Author's note:

*gasp!*

Do y'all like Rafael?

What do you think of Scar right now?

Do you like potatoes?