Chapter 14- I Saw It In A Dream

Belladonna's P.O.V.

Two days after Ellie left to get Katherine, she hadn't come back. Katherine popped into town long enough to steal Elena's stupid necklace, but other than that, there was nothing from either of them. I figure that Ellie is still tracking her and she must be getting close since she isn't answering my calls. "Ellie, you said you would be back in time for Senior Prank Night yesterday morning so where the hell are you? This sucks and Darren is awful at convincing me not to murder Elena!"

"Our favorite Salvatore still isn't answering, I presume," the blond-haired teen teases, and Chad throws his head back in a laugh.

"Dude, isn't Ellie the only one you know? I mean have you ever even had a conversation with her twin?"

"Sure I have. He was on the football team so we must've had at least one."

"Maybe it isn't memorable because Ellie is your favorite," Dana teases in a semi-helpful manner that makes all of us laugh. "Why are you so angry with your sister anyway?" The cheerleader wonders and I sigh.

"Besides the fact that she's a raging bitch? She kept a secret from me. One that was important and then she pretended to be nice to me to distract me from it. As far as I'm concerned, she can die."

"Bit harsh, but love the energy," Darren assures me.

"Well let's go, we need to start filling up cups in the gym," Chad states, and I share a look with Darren.

"That sounds like an awful prank, Chad," we laugh and he scoffs.

"Whatever, it's about them having to clean it up."

"I think it sounds fun," Dana tries to support her boyfriend before sharing a small grin with me as she drags him away. Once they're out of eyesight, Darren turns to me.

"Hey, do you think you could grow thorns on the toilets in the teacher's lounge and keep them alive long enough for them to sit on them?" I roll my eyes, but consider his question. Darren had found out about my magic after he saw me use it against Damon who was attempting to feed on him during the beginning stages of his spiral.

"Probably. Once they grow, they'll take on a life of their own, even if it isn't the proper environment." He nods his head.

"Have you thought more about who your birth parents might be?"

"You mean have I thought more about who my godly parent might be?" He gives me a sheepish smile. "I think that Elijah was right, that I am a daughter of Demeter but that I was a witch before I turned, and since vampires and witches can't exist in the same body, except for Ellie, I think it's just manifesting in the powers that I would've had as a daughter of Demeter but just...stronger, I guess."

"Right, but wasn't Persephone the goddess of flowers?" I stop growing the vines around the toilet seats to look at him with a frown.

"Persephone was the goddess of Spring and the Underworld after she married Hades. Just because flowers bloom in Spring doesn't make her the goddess of flowers."

He laughs at me. "My bad, I didn't realize that you'd get so pressed about the Greek Gods."

"My dad used to tell me the myths. It was our bonding time." He gives me a sad smile before holding out a hand to me.

"Let's go join those awful pranksters in the gym. Someone needs to teach them how to pull pranks."

"I see you're trying to live up to your namesake, Hermes."

"Well, you seem to really care about those myths. I guess I'll just have to be the god of tricks." He gives me a crooked grin that makes me throw my head back to a laugh. I take his hand and he leads me through the hallways towards the gym. We're laughing so much that I don't hear the voice until we're almost at the point where the lockers change to an entrance to another hallway. The familiar voice causes me to stop and I frown. "Bella?" Darren asks and I go to reply when a sense of Deja vu comes over me.