September 21st, 4:36 P.M.

The cold water closed over his head, shocking Yoongi with its extreme temperature.

He should have known- even in the dead of summer at high noon, the Han river was always cold.

The river was deeper than Yoongi was expecting, as he looked down and saw the bottom a couple yards below him.

But he didn't see Namjoon.

Panicking- did the current take him away?- Yoongi frantically searched the murky waters until his lungs burned, and he was forced to return the surface for air.

After taking a breath so deep that his lungs felt like they would pop, Yoongi dunked himself back under, this time swimming down to get a better view.

His ears popped as he swam deeper and deeper, finding it hard to see as the sunlight became weaker and the temperature got colder.

Bubbles caught his eye, and he turned his head sharply, nearly exhaling all his air in relief when he finally saw Namjoon.

The boy was pinned to the bottom of the river by the weights, kicking his legs uselessly to try and get back to the surface. The heavy weights had half buried themselves in the deep sand at the bottom of the water, anchoring him to the spot.

Yoongi quickly swam over, trembling from the cold temperature.

Namjoon strained to reach him, and Yoongi could tell the boy had no air left by the amount of fear in his eyes.

He grabbed Namjoon's face, pressing his lips tightly to the boys, expelling the rest of his oxygen into Namjoon's lungs.

Namjoon shuddered in pain at his lungs being forcefully filled, but it was a much better alternative to drowning.

Yoongi wanted to start working on the knots right away, but now his own lungs were empty, and he knew he had to return to the surface.

Namjoon shook his head wildly when Yoongi started swimming away, terrified to be alone again in the freezing, dark waters.

Yoongi risked going back, pressing a soft kiss to the boys forehead, hoping Namjoon would understand that he was coming right back.

He kicked against the sandy floor, pushing himself up quickly to the surface.

Gasping for air, Yoongi almost thought he was hallucinating it when he heard wailing sirens.

Looking up, he saw red and blue flashing lights as several cop cars screeched to a halt in the tall grass.

Jungkook raced out of one, Changwoo right behind him.

"Yoongi!" The intern shouted, not hesitating to dive into the deep waters.

"Namjoon is down there!" Yoongi shouted to his boss, desperate to get back to the boy. "I need a knife!"

"Hold on, I think I have one." Changwoo called, hurrying back to the car.

Jungkook popped up beside Yoongi. "Yoongi, we got to Wohan's place. Seojoon-"

"I know." Yoongi needed to get back to Namjoon, and he quickly dove back under.

He didn't want to be reminded about how he had failed to save the innocent boy.

Jungkook followed him, his heart dropping when he saw Namjoon tied down with the weights.

Yoongi quickly grabbed the boys face again, slapping his cheek a few times to get Namjoon to open his eyes again, expelling half his air into his lungs. Jungkook did the same, holding onto the boy so that he wouldn't go floating back up to the surface. Periodically, he gave the boy air as Yoongi worked on the knots.