September 15th, 10:30 P.M.

Namjoon found his voice and screamed as loud as he possibly could, quickly scrambling backwards, desperate to get away from the attacker.

"Will you shut up?" Yoongi hissed, yanking the boy close by his wrist, slapping his free hand over Namjoon's mouth. "You'll wake the whole damn neighborhood!"

It took Namjoon a few moments to stop struggling to realize it wasn't the attacker from before, just Yoongi.

He yanked himself free and stepped back, catching his breath.

"What...what the fuck are you doing?!" He clutched his heart. "Fucking hell, you gave me a heart attack!"

"Come on." Yoongi grabbed the boys arm, leading him down the sidewalk.

Namjoon was still in shock, vaguely hearing Seokjin's tinny voice from his phone, still freaking out. "What are you doing here?"

"You said you were scared."

"Yeah, and you just made that a thousand times worse!" Namjoon glared.

"I drove up to 7th street, parked and doubled back on foot." Yoongi kept his eyes out on the darkness.

Namjook blinked, still letting the detective lead him along. "You were stalking me?"

"Following you. To see if anyone else was."

"...am I supposed to say thank you?"

"Then I wanted to see how easy it was to sneak up on you. You never even heard me, I got right up next to you. Your phone was like a beacon, slu- Namjoon. You complain that you need protection but then you practically give yourself up to any predator on the street." Yoongi huffed like he was babysitting a dumbass toddler.

Namjoon was speechless.

Yoongi was a different breed.

A parked car came into view from the darkness- Yoongi's Impala.

Yoongi pulled out his keys, unlocking the door and he slid in.

Namjoon blinked, then slowly followed. He brought the phone to his ear as he also climbed in.

"I'm okay, Jin. I'll call you later."

"What the hell was that?! What's going on?! Kim fucking Namjoon!"

Namjoon hung up, still reeling too much from the ambush to respond properly to Seokjin.

Turning on the headlights, the detective drove down the dark road.

The car rumbled on for a few minutes in silence, neither passenger talking.

Namjoons hands were in fists in his lap, clutching his phone tightly as they passed under the occasional street light.

He faced the stoic detective, looking his features over in the soft moonlight.

Yoongi's pale skin was practically translucent in the night, his dark hair and dark eyes a stark contrast, but both colors were beautiful.

He hesitated, turning to look out the window instead.

"Thank you." He mumbled. "For...looking out for me. And for giving me a ride. I know you didn't want to drive me, so I appreciate you doing it anyways."

"Mm."

Namjoon knew that was as good of a reply as he was going to get.

-

A few minutes later the car parked at the club and Yoongi unlocked the doors.

Namjoon climbed out, ready to get away and distract himself with dancing and loud music and tips, but he was surprised when Yoongi got out as well.