Gun in your pocket

Note:

This chapter may be disturbing to some readers as it contains references to blood, guns, and various forms of physical violence. If you are uncomfortable, please skip.

[ ٩(⊙‿⊙)۶ ]

Hugo hastily chose to call off the marriage, upsetting both heads of the family. Camilo sat beside me in a room packed with nothing but wrath and tension as we spoke to our fathers. He's holding my hand, squeezing it frequently to tell me that he's here with me.

" Hugo, what the hell is this nonsense? " Nicolas shouts and slams the table with his fists.

" Papa, I'm calling off the wedding. " Hugo answered with his head hung low, trembling. I saw myself in him at this very moment. We both were frightened by our fathers, and we will do almost anything to satisfy them and make them proud.

We got shaken in our seats as Nicolas slammed his glass of wine against the wall, splitting it into pieces and dumping the wine over the carpeted floor and slaps Hugo. He then cleared his throat, and our attention was drawn to him as he went towards the window, breathing fresh air.

" You better not have anything to do with this Y/n. " Papa yells and grabs my chin, making me stand up and let go of Camilo's hand.

" But papa I don't want to get married, I'd do anything for you just- " He slammed your body on the floor harshly, Camilo tried to approach me, but he was restrained by the three guards who had now entered the room, Hugo hesitating to move. I groaned as my body plummeted on the broken glass, which pierced a portion of my jaw and most of my arm.

I watched as they took turns kicking Camilo in the stomach, making him cough out blood. Our eyes met and he smiled, mouthing the words " I'm fine mi vida. " I shook my head as they began beating him up.

Papa grabbed me, grasping my injured arm and forcing me to stand, then hit my right cheek, causing my lip to bleed and sting. " Señor! Stop! " Camilo shouts, trying to break free. Shape-shifting from one person to another making papa turns his gaze to him.

" This? this is the reason why you're being so painfully stubborn? A boy? " he points at him.

" A Madrigal out of all people, I bet he doesn't even have his own name rather than that last name." he adds.

Camilo shuddered and dropped his head, his freckled cheeks bubbling up with tears, and his quiet little cries were the only thing audible across the room.

that's it.

I walked up to Hugo, took his gun from his pocket, cocked it, and pointed it at my father. Everyone in the room gasped and couldn't move. He has the right to abuse, exploit, or harass me, but he does not have the right to say even a single syllable about Camilo. He's nothing compared to him.

" Y/n, mija. " Papa took both of his hands up trying to approach me. As I pointed the gun at him, tears flowed out of my eyes, my hands shivered, and my knees trembled.

" Don't come near me. " You threatened him, placing your index finger on the trigger.

" You're not tough enough to pull that trigger amor. " he cooed making me shoot the ceiling as everyone slightly jumped from their places. I pointed the gun back at him again. A terrified expression swept across my father's face, this is the first time I'd seen him scared.

( 3rd person's )

Hugo approached his father, trying to shield him from the angry female with a pistol.

" Go on, shoot me. Kill me like how you killed your mother, you're nothing but a murderer. " He exclaims, making you freeze as his words stabbed you.

Your heart was overflowing with nothing but fury, " I'm a murderer anyways " you thought to yourself and replaced your index finger on the trigger, ready to shoot.

Camilo forcefully broke free from the guard's grasp and ran towards you and your father, getting in between the both of you, shielding your father.

" Camilo, go away. " you said sternly as your finger trembled.

" This isn't you mi amor" he softly spoke as you shook your head. His bruised face making you soft.

" Get out of the way Camilo Madrigal or I'll shoot you first! " you yelled and pointed the gun at him.

Camilo's legs shuddered, his entire body began to shake, but his heart stayed calm. He lovingly looked her in the eyes before taking the gun's barrel and pointing it towards his heart.

" Then shoot me, princesa. I'd rather die than watch how I've failed both the moon and you. "