Where's my mind

Camilo had told her everything he had discovered, and she had her hopes up in a flash. But how are they going to get to Y/n?

"Let's talk to Abuela." Mirabel suggested.

"What do you mean?" Camilo asked his prima.

" It's a village Abuela used to visit, maybe she can take us there?"

" No, she'll get suspicious." Camilo cut her off, he doesn't want the rest of the family involved. He was re-reading Y/n's diary, god he misses her so much. It's almost been a week, he's getting frustrated as he didn't have a plan yet. Both heard a faint knock on the door and it opened, Dolores.

" Time for dinner. " she gave them a small smile, she wanted to help her little brother but Y/n was way out of her range. Every morning, she'd go out towards the crack on the mountain, trying to hear any sign from her best friend, but none.

But she made progress today, this morning, she stood there for a while and discovered a cave on the corner, an exit from the Encanto. She wanted to make sure it was safe, so she spoke with the villagers who lived nearby. They told her that after the mountains began cracking, some parts of the mountain withered and continued to fall, resulting in this.

She'd talk to the grown-ups, turns out they knew about this cave, she wondered why they didn't tell them but now's not the time for that.

Dinner was the same as usual, it was quiet.

" So, for this year's vacaciones de verano, I was thinking we could visit my hometown." Alma stated luring the three Madrigal's attention. " Are you sure mama? " Julieta asked her mother,

" Yes, I'm sure. It's about time you know where I and Pedro grew, meet, and married."

That village turned out to be more than just a village. It was Alma's hometown. That village wasn't the only one that set ablaze that night; a few other villages were also destroyed. They established a new community after they had all fled.

Everything has suddenly become so light for Camilo, and everything is going swimmingly. He just wishes his girlfriend can hang on a little longer. They never left the Encanto, but that wasn't the case. Everyone started packing, excited for a new experience. Alma is leaving the village to the Rodriguez, she knows well enough they can be trusted.

" Camilo. " Isabela entered his room with a frown.

" Yes, Isa? " he quickly approached her.

" Please be honest with me, is Y/n in trouble? "

he stood there, not wanting to say anything.

" I'm her best friend, I have to know primo. " she pleads.

" I'll explain later, hm? You still have a lot to pack." he pats her back and gently pushes her out of his room.

He packed Y/n's diary, carefully shoving it in his bag. They are leaving tonight, Abuela loves to rush.

" Camilo? Are you okay? " his mother entered the room, holding a plate of Arepas.

" yes mamí, why do you ask? " he didn't spare a glance at his mom and continued packing.

" come here. " she placed the plate on the table and went to sit on his bed. Camilo sat beside her and she held his hand gently.

" You know you can tell mamí anything right, amor? " she pats her son's back. She knew something was up, but she didn't want to pressure him.

" mamí.." his voice cracked, he buried his face to his mother's chest hugging her ever so tightly as he cried, wetting her dress. Pepa didn't mind, in fact, her dress is always wet from when she has a cloud. " I'm here, mamí's here. " she caressed his back and placed a kiss on his head, waiting for her baby to calm down. Nothing beats a mother's love.