Already gone

All seemed so meaningless. Camilo is the candle, and she was the flame. There is no light without her. It's pitch black. Both hearts are too young for all of this.

Camilo left shortly after getting the vision from Bruno. He wanted to clear his head and think about how he could save her without involving his family. His feet eventually led him to the treehouse, their home.

He wanders around aimlessly. He notices their blankets on the couch and remembers cuddling, kissing, and sleeping in each other's arms. The kitchen, where Y/n constantly makes fun of him for cooking burnt food. And the balcony, where they shared a sunrise view.

A small, soft smile crept across his lips, releasing him from the frown that had been on for hours. The late-night breeze shivered him, and he turned around when he heard the rustling of pages from a distance. And there it was, her diary.

He took it and set it on the table, along with a lamp. He flipped through the pages. While reading some of the paragraphs, he couldn't stop smiling, as well as he admired her handwriting. Everything was incredibly detailed. And the way she described him ended up giving him butterflies.

When he turned to the next page, he noticed something was attached to it. His body went into shock when he realized it was the promise ring. A tear fell from his eye; he didn't want to accept or believe she had removed it.

he read the last page

"I'm certain that you're reading this when I'm gone. I'm sorry for leaving so unexpectedly, I know I made promises, but I'm not sure if I can hold or uphold them right now. I don't want you trying to get involved in my shambles. I genuinely love you far too much for that. But I promise you, Camilo Madrigal, my heart will always belong to you. Continue to thrive as the wonderful person you are. Though it may seem impossible, I hope our paths cross and we still have the chance to try again.

                                                             be happy, mi amor. "

And that's it. That's all it took for him to scream in complete anguish, he didn't care if anyone or especially his sister would've heard him right now. But he was determined and wanted to get involved even if it means hurting himself, the only thing he wanted was you.

He'd soothed himself by wrapping the blanket fragranced with your scent around his body. He rolled up the necklace around his neck and turned the ring into a pendant. He will not give up, and neither will you. He knows you. He didn't know where to begin, which is why he hasn't made a plan yet.

" Hang in there mariposa. " he murmured.

...........

" Hoy conocemos a la familia Alfonso." your father stated while fixing his tie

(We're meeting the Alfonso family today)

" Don't mess this up." he adds before leaving the room.

You let out a long, heavy sigh and looked down at your ring finger, which was empty. You miss your grandparents, The Encanto, the Madrigals, and most of all, you miss him.

You didn't want them getting involved in your family's feud. You have no idea why you formed relationships in the first place. Perhaps it was the need to fill the void left by your father's utter lack in your life, or the lack of love.

Breakfast with the Alfonso was far from pleasant; all they talked about was the next generation of two families, their candidacy, and the marriage. It made your day even darker. You wished Isabela was here right now so she could express your thoughts and defend you. Or Mirabel, who'd strike up a conversation to cheer you up, Luisa, who'd help shield you, Dolores, who'd cover your ears, Antonio, who'd hold your hand.

And Camilo, who'd do everything to pull you out of that hellhole.

" I see señorita Rodriguez seems to be loving the presence of her fiance Hugo. Look at her smiling." Nicolas Alfonso, Hugo's father exclaimed.

" Sí papá, who wouldn't?" Hugo adds proudly making you curse under your breath.

" I wouldn't. " You accidentally voiced out making the rest of the table face you.

" Excuse me? " Hugo tilted his head.

" Oh I mean, a fool wouldn't. Look at you! So charming." you said sarcastically and hugged his arm, you wish you can just barf.

" Indeed, if our kids would inherit my looks, I wouldn't be mad if they'd be a player." he said making you let go of his arm.

" Give us a whole pack then hijo! " Nicolas joked 

" Should we make 'em now señorita? " Hugo laughs making you stand.

" Excuse me, for a moment. " you made your way to the restroom.

You're 15, he's 19.

You washed your hands, you felt dirty. 

very dirty.

A bird sat on the windowsill and watched you cry.

" Hello little one, how's Antonio? " you asked it, though it looked silly, you missed Antonio too much. You miss them too much.

" Watch over them for me? " you caressed its beak and it somehow purred.

You handed your bracelet, in high hopes that it understood you. It tilted its head, grabbed it with its little feet, and started flying away.

.....

It was lunchtime, the Madrigals were starting to worry as Camilo hasn't left his room after arriving this morning. 

Antonio ran as fast as he could to his brother's room, slamming his door open making the older boy jump.

"Antonio!" Camilo shouts as he was startled.

" Sorry.. " Antontio apologized and began walking towards him, pulling his big brother in a warm embrace, he's lost, again.

" I'm sorry for shouting tonito. Hermano has problems right now." Camilo caressed his back.

" Oh! I have something to show you!" Antonio pulled away and reached for his pocket, grabbing a bracelet Camilo recognized.

" One of my friend birds said that a pretty girl asked him to watch over us and gave him this bracelet." Camilo's eyes lightened, it's Y/n's.

" Where did your little friend get this? " Camilo jolted up.

Antonio asked the little bird and it answered right away.

" A town not so far from here." Antonio asked it again. " A town where Abuela used to visit." he nodded at the bird. " He says that the pretty girl is waiting for you. " Antonio adds.

Hope.

That's all he needed.

" I'm coming hermosa. " Camilo kissed the promise ring.