lo que siento

As the day came to an end, everyone left the water and sat on the ground, watching the sun set. The cold breeze on their skin enhanced the atmosphere much more. Their eyes glistened with sheer happiness as they bid farewell to the sun and hello to the moon.

Camilo couldn't help but stare as he looked at his novia beside him. When did he become so incredibly blessed? She's just as lovely as the day he met her. She is perhaps the most beautiful flower he'd ever seen, and she blossomed. Her eyes were the very first thing he wanted to see in the morning, her gentle delicate skin was everything he wanted to touch, and her voice was his favorite song. Her very existence is life, she is his life.

"Te amo, mi vida." he cupped her cheek and kissed her. Not just a kiss, but one full of love, passion, and sincerity. He knew right here and now that he wanted to be with her and only her. He wants to spend the rest of his life with her. It may seem so to be another typical teen romance, but who knew? His lips on hers felt right; she's the missing puzzle piece he's been looking for his entire life.

He leaned back from the kiss, his eyes half-closed, and a genuine smile crept across his lips. He wished that this moment can last forever. To be holding the person he loved the most. The rush of thoughts and feelings he felt, his heart pounding, his stuttering caused by his unstable breathing. Only she has the ability to make him feel this way, but he's not complaining. He never will.

"Don't leave me, por favor." The thought of her leaving him made his heart ache and his entire body weak, as if she were the air he breathed. And if he doesn't have her, he'll crumble. He'll do anything to keep you in his arms, touch your hair, feel your lips on his, and hear your voice. To spend a lifetime with you.

"I won't, I promise." She will never leave the person who makes her whole. The guy who helped her, the person who loved her even when she was at her worst. Her first friend, dance, kiss, her first everything. She loved him more than she loved herself. She's safe with him. She has been free of the horrifying shackles of her past. If only her mother was still alive, she'd introduce him as her boyfriend with pride.

She lifted her eyes towards the sky, waving to her mother, who was watching her from above. "Ma, meet Camilo Madrigal. Mi novio." She proudly exclaimed and then looked at her lover in front of her whose eyes were sparkling, you introducing him to your mother made him feel proud of himself. He wanted to court you everyday, over and over again.

"I'll take care of her, ma." He said proudly, waving at the sky.

"Come, amor. It's getting cold." He held your hand as you started walking back to camp. As soon as you both arrived, he wrapped a blanket around your body and handed you clothes to change into. 

Dinnertime arrived. In a large circle, two families sat. After thanking the one above for all of the blessings, he stood up as he had an announcement to make. Everyone was looking directly at him as he held his lover's hand and proudly announced to both families, "We're dating."

As his cousins and siblings squeal in delight, the elders' eyes widened and a wide smile spread across their faces. They had been anticipating this moment for a long time. Felix was the happiest of them all because his son was growing up. He did an excellent job raising him. He'd matured into a wonderful man. 

Dolores, being the big sister she is, couldn't stop crying. Her baby brother was now growing up! It seemed like only yesterday that she was holding him as a baby and caring for him. And Antonio, who was tightly hugging his older brother, giggled as he's one of the people he looked up to the most. Finally, he's being kept. He loves seeing him happy. And, of course, Pepa, who witnessed all of it. From his downfall to this moment, he had finally found himself.

Everyone's attention turned to Mariano, who was on his knees in front of Dolores after Camilo and Y/n were congratulated. "Dolores Madrigal, please make me the happiest guy on the planet will you marry me? " Dolores gave him a nod, finally letting those happy tears fall. Both families were overjoyed and were starting to throw a small party and planning another one at home. Their children were growing up so quickly, and all they could do was support and be happy for them.