I don't wanna be okay without you.

He pulled away, eyes half-closed with a wide smile on his face. He tucked my hair behind my ear.

He's probably waiting for an answer.. I'd be more than happy but I can't love him like this.

I can't love him in this state, I'm a mess. 

"Amor?" he called for me. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just not ready.." I breathed out, burying my face to his chest.

"I know, I know." he pats my head. "Wanna get out of here so we can talk?" he adds and I nodded, letting him take me to Casita's roof.

We sat there, fingers intertwined.

"I'm a mess." I looked down.

"What?" he asks.

"I love you, but I'm a mess." 

"A beautiful mess."

he pulls me close making me rest my head on his chest, his arms wrapped firmly around me, his head resting on top of mine, we stared at the night sky.

Stargazing is our love language.

"Cami?" 

"hm?"

"Why...me?" my breath hitched.

he chuckles and kisses my head. "You know me."

" a lot of people do, what do you mean?" I turned around meeting his gaze.

"I'm a shapeshifter, amor." he cleared his throat. 

"My passion for transforming into other people caused me to lose sight of my own identity. It's as if I'm not sure who I am anymore. I'm unfamiliar with my own appearance, hobbies, and, sometimes, even my own voice. I was lost. But then you came, and you led the way out of the never-ending maze of identities I was drawn to." he added and I cupped his left cheek.

"You know me. I thank and I love you for that." he leaned into my touch.

"But I'm afraid I'll hurt you if I let myself love you, I mean, Look at me Camilo." I pressed my lips against each other.

"We're each other's mess, querida." he kissed my forehead. 

I just smiled. Not knowing the exact words to say. All I know is that he loves me, and I love him. This love, it's worth fighting for. 

....................

(Camilo's)

We were pointing out constellations, guessing their names. Until I heard her little snores. I looked down and saw my whole world sleeping in my arms. 

I kissed her forehead and carried her down, taking her to my room then placed her gently on my bed. I then went to her grandparents to ask for their permission as I didn't want to wake Y/n anymore.

They immediately said yes. 

I stayed downstairs for a while to help and clean, Dolores kept on teasing me, along with Luisa. But I let them.

I entered my room exhausted and I saw Y/n shifting and turning while sleeping, I immediately ran to her. Another bad dream..

I woke her up, not wanting her to continue on with that dream. I took her in my arms, gently rubbing her back as she cried on my chest.

"I'm here, I'm here. You're safe. Don't cry baby, hm?" I pat her back. 

It took her a while to calm down. I let her change into my clothes and carried her back to bed.

The reason why always visit her at night was that I accompany her because of her night terrors and leave in the early morning.

Now that she's sleeping here with me, I can finally rest.

"Tell me when you need anything princesa, I'll be on the floor." I said getting ready to sleep.

She gripped on my arm, "No..stay with me here, please?" her voice cracked making my heart ache. Oh, how I wish I could beat up those night terrors that keep my Princess scared at night.

I laid down beside her and she snuggled up to me, burying her face into my chest as I wrap my arms around her, kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight, mariposa."