Welcome to the family madrigal

(in Y/n's perspective)

A whole week had passed and Abuela told me all about the famous Madrigals. She's childhood friends with Alma Madrigal and Pedro Madrigal. She also told me how they just rebuilt casita just a few days ago after finally reconciling with one another. 

Hearing wonderful stories about the family made me question my own. Why can't we just be happy?

"Y/n! Get ready mi amor!" Abuela shouts from the backyard. "por qué abuela?" (why abuela?) I asked. "We're having dinner with the madrigals, now go, shoo!" she shoo'ed me back to my room.

 I giggled and began looking for formal wear. I chose a plain white dress with embroidered sunflowers as its design. I left my hair down, tucking some behind my left ear with a sunflower clip. I'm nervous, I spent the whole week indoors, scared of people. 

What if everything is just the same but just in a different place? What if I just embarrass abuela and abuelo at the dinner? I stared at myself at the mirror bombarded with thoughts, not noticing mi abuelo entering the room.

"Eres hermosa mi nieta." (you're beautiful). We smiled at each other, he escorted me down. After abuela got dressed, we started walking towards the Madrigal's home that they call, Casita.

They held both of my hands, I kept my head down while walking, carefully watching my feet, hoping I won't trip. I felt the tension as we got closer and closer.

here we are...

"Hola señor y señora Rodriguez!" my grandparents let go of my hands making me look up, I see shaking hands with a boy, who looks exactly my age, has curly hair, freckles, and the prettiest hazel eyes that are well complemented by his yellow ruana.

" Hola bonita, what's your name? " he asked, I looked down, looks like I'm also invisible in this town.

 " yaaaa, hermosaaaaa. It's rude to ignore people." he exclaimed taking my left hand gently, kissing my knuckles making me smile a bit.

 " Lo siento, I thought you were talking to someone else." I said..well more like whipser.

"but you're the only one here....?" he asked giving me a confused look making me smile awkwardly, nice one Y/n.

 " Come, I'll escort you inside, amor. " he placed my arm around his arm as we walked inside. I looked down, still not processing what he just said.

" This is mi tía Julieta and mi tío Agustin." he points at the beautiful woman cooking arepas at the kitchen and the man with glasses arranging roses at the vase.

 "tío Bruno." he pointed at the man who was giving the cute little curly haired kid a show with his rats who seemed like his pets.

 "That cute little kid is mi hermanito, Antonio. I know he's cute but focus on meeee." he whined, I just nodded and giggled.

we continued walking around la casa madrigal. Four women were chasing each other upstairs.

"That's Luisa, Isabela, and Mirabel. My primas." he pointed each of them.

 " And that's my hermana." he pointed at the tall girl with a cute red ribbon on her hair. 

"Mijito! Where are you!?" a woman shouted with a dark cloud above her head, and her husband calming her down. "Mamí! I'm here!" he said calling out for his mother.

 She gave me a warm smile and went to the dining room. " Alright, let's go bonita." 

he started walking but I didn't move making him look at me. 

" I didn't get your name." I said, wanting to know the first person who ever made me feel welcome, thought it's an act of politeness and a kind gesture, I appreciated it so much. 

He smiled " The name's Camilo Madrigal, mi amor." He smiled, we started walking towards the dining room, I see my Grandparents already seated at the sides of abuela alma.

After welcoming me to the Madrigal's home, we started eating, I insisted to sit with Camilo because I felt safe with him. Once again, I had unstable breathing, the sight of a kitchen knife...

"Bonita?" Camilo reached for my index finger, gently massaging it. He looked to the direction where I was looking and he quickly grabbed the knife and put it back to the kitchen. 

Coming back to the table, he handed me a rose, I'm guessing he took one from the vase.

"It's fine now, amor. No need to be scared." he booped my nose. "I'm here."