International Eyes

Gotham; 0035hrs 13/11/2021

"This is Vesper Fairchild reporting from the Australian Embassy in Washington. Melbourne has recently become one of many cities to become victim to a devastating terror attack. It is confirmed that at least a hundred people have been killed and casualty reports are still coming in." Bruce watched the reporter on the largest monitor of the bat computer.

Looking to a different monitor, Wayne started scrolling through the CCTV footage, looking for any evidence or hints to who may be responsible. This is when he noticed a teenager with his parents. Curious, he tracked the parent's movements after the teenager ran off from the father. His heart slumped when he saw that the pair went inside the building, most likely to go help more people. Bruce rewinded the footage and this time he tracked the boy, this kid wasn't running away, he was helping others, just like his parents. After defeating an enemy and saving a young boy, the teenager tried to run back when the station exploded. Bruce looked over the footage again, he was fascinated by this boy's ability to take out what seemed to be a well-trained opponent, using nothing but what was around him.

"Alfred, what do you think of this?" Bruce asked, putting the combat footage of the boy in a loop. "I think that boy is rather lucky he survived the ordeal, he should have run away from the fight."

"That's the point Alfred, he stayed to help the innocent, if he hadn't gone back for the child, there would have just been another number on the casualty list." Bruce reasoned. After doing a bit of research, he found out all he needed to know about the kid. After calling a friend in Star City, Bruce got up and walked towards a large glass case containing the Batsuit, Bruce geared up, ready for the next mission.

"Alfred, get the jet ready, I think it's time for Bruce Wayne to go review the WayneTech assets in Sydney."

"Right you are, Mr. Wayne, do you want me to make it a public or private trip?"

"Let's make it private for now, we don't want any unneeded attention while we are there."

Timeskip

Star City; 0120hrs 13/11/2021

"You're late," Batman announced, fully aware of the fact that Green Arrow was behind him.

"I had to stop a few bad guys on the way, no biggie," Oliver responded.

"Two thugs with pistols and one with a crowbar should be easy for you Arrow. You were busy trying to impress the two young girls that were on the other side of the road." Batman replied, Oliver asked him why he was calling but he guessed that it had something to do with the bombing in Melbourne. Pulling out a foldable tablet, Batman handed Oliver a profile on what seemed to be a random kid, with some records like school reports, parents, and pictures of certificates that he had received from Jujitsu competitions. There was also a picture of an arrow in a target, fairly close to the middle.

"Ok, so who is this kid. Like I know his name and all, but seriously that archery shot isn't that impressive and there are a lot of kids that can do martial arts. Why him?"

"This kid just had his parents blown to hell while helping innocents to safety, he was outside when they went in because he had just defeated a merc and saved a young boy who would have become just another number. And also, that shot was taken from a hundred meters away." Batman almost got emotional as he said this, this boy reminded him so much of well, himself.

"Oh, wow." Oliver reviewed the file again, trying to grasp what just happened. "When do we leave?"

"I got a jet waiting on the tarmac of a private airstrip, waiting for us to arrive."

"I always wanted to go to Australia, do I get to pack?"

"No."

Timeskip

Australian Airspace; 1830hrs 13/11/2021

The flight was comfortable, to say the least, with full massage chairs, great food, and almost zero noise. Oliver had to get himself one of these, not only was the hospitality great but in the fuselage, there was a mini Batcave. All of Batman's and Oliver's gear was placed into separate glass racks, parachutes, scuba tanks, and spare jump/dive suits were scattered throughout the whole underbelly. There was even enough room for one of Batman's vehicles to be brought along, this time it was the Bat-jet but Oliver could easily see how the Batmobile or the Bat-bike could fit in there.

The pilot knew that Bruce was Batman but he stayed quiet because he knew Bruce was Batman, the guy that would literally beat up a simple thief to a pulp for stealing money. There was only three reasons he agreed to fly was that it was a one-of-a-kind plane, he was being paid very handsomely as well, and he could see parts of the world most people wouldn't even know existed.

"So what are we going to do when we eventually meet this Jake guy?" Oliver asked inquisitively.

"We are going to try and convince him to join us."

After having some well-made soup along with some pudding to finish the meal, Bruce and Oliver returned to their seats when the pilot announced that they were about to commence landing procedures.

Sydney; 2230hrs 13/11/2021

Opening the door to the fresh warm air that was called Australia home, the duo walked down the automated ramp, the smell of rubber, jet fuel, exhaust, and tarmac filled their noses. Avoiding the gaze of the airport workers, the two billionaires quickly got into a limo, each carrying a rather heavy-looking briefcase. The limo would drive them to a hotel which Bruce conveniently owned and booked out the entire upper two floors for the duration of the trip. They would wait here for a little while, relaxing and going on various online meetings with their respective companies and sometimes with other members of the JL.

The pair decided that they would give Jake some time to grieve his loss before confronting him about his talents. Upon receiving word from their sources that the parent's funeral was the next day, they made the necessary arrangements and took the evening flight down to Melbourne.