Celebrations

Mount Justice 10/11/2022 1700hrs

"Hey Overwatch, is it cool if I come in?" Robin asked gently against the wall. He knew that there was a secret passageway behind the door, it was something Batman had installed and Dick knew that Jake found it a while back.

"Agh, fine. come in." Jake muttered after a moment of silence. Following a small hiss, Robin stepped into the dark passageway to comfort his friend.

Time skip

Mount Justice 10/11/2022 1800hrs

For what seemed like hours the two sat there in silence, Dick knew how much it meant to Jake that he was just there even if he didn't speak a word. After calming down significantly, the two exited the hidden passage and returned to the others. Before they could enter the main common room area, Artemis and Conner walked up to the pair, apologizing profusely at the harshness of their actions/words. Telling them that it is okay and that they didn't know, Jake and the other three stepped into a dark common room area.

Suddenly the lights switched on and a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" rocked the mountain, Jake realized what was going on. Robin had told him in the passage that he had to spill the beans to the team about who Overwatch was under the mask. So it made sense that the majority of the League was here alongside the entire Young Justice team.

After singing happy birthday to Jake and congratulating him on his 17th birthday, the congregation of heroes broke off into different small groups around the kitchen, living room, and near the briefing room. Mostly consisting of mentors and mentorees, Jake quickly gained the attention of everyone by standing at the kitchen table to make an announcement.

"Thank you all for coming here, I can't tell you how much it means to me. All of you have come to know me as Overwatch up to this point, but I am hoping that you'll all get to know me throughout the coming year. Outside of the crime-fighting life that is. But I don't want you to all be here just to celebrate my birthday. Rather, celebrate what a successful year it has been so far." Jake announced, earning smiles from everyone in the room.

"Not only did I join the League in some capacity but there have been five additional full-time members that have joined the team. Also, let's not forget the brand new team that is also here. I'm sure you adults have noticed how much we as a team have grown and matured in the last few months. So let's all seize this opportunity to celebrate, God knows we don't get this chance much." Applause sounded from across the room as the heroes and heroines acknowledged what Jake has just said.

Just as the people got back to hanging out and chilling, Jake made a phone call to Roy, asking if he could also be here with the rest of them. People needed to socialize every once in a while and Jake knew how Roy secretly cared for the members of the League, specifically Arrow and a few others. Agreeing to the request, it was not long before the Zeta Tube announced the red archer's arrival at the mountain. Though everyone was surprised at first, the suspense soon died down as Oliver and Laurel started talking with the redhead, asking how he's been and if anything is going on.

Bruce soon bid his farewells, he had to leave for patrol that night. Apparently, there had been an escape from Arkham and several high-profile villains had taken to the streets to 'celebrate their early release'. Excusing himself as well, Jake joined Bruce at the Zeta tubes asking if he could help out for the night. Feeling obliged to agree, Batman let Jake tag along and give Dick a break for the night.

Gotham 10/11/2022 2213hrs

Perched on one of the rooftops, Overwatch kept a lookout for the approaching target. Apparently, Two-Face had hijacked an armored police truck and was speeding through the city, Batman was in pursuit in the Batmobile and was trying to steer the villain in Jake's direction. Seeing his opportunity, Overwatch dropped down from his position, landing with a thud on the stolen vehicle. Taking out his pistol, Overwatch shot out the front wheels, causing the truck to go into an uncontrolled rush toward an alley. Pulling his ripcord just in time, Jake was pulled backward by his chute, barely missing the hazardous pathway.

As Batman brought the Batmobile to a grinding halt, Jake said that he'll go high while Bruce will go low. Getting out of the car, the two chased after Two-Face who was now running away on foot. Soon catching up to him, Overwatch shot him with his taser in the back, just below the should blade. Spasming out on the wet pavement and screaming out in pain, Overwatch cuffed him and told Batman that he'll drop the villain off at the nearest police checkpoint that was located only a couple hundred meters down the road. Throwing the unconscious villain over his back, Overwatch made good pace thanks to his enhanced strength. After reaching the police checkpoint and taking a few sips of water from one of the officers' bottles, Overwatch grappled away to look for the next escapee.

"Overwatch we have a little situation here." Batman radioed over the comm. "Yeah what's up?" "I'm gonna head back to the cave right now, caught a kid trying to steal the wheels of the car. I reckon with that level of guts he could make a valuable asset to the team. Plus, living with us would be much better than living on the streets of Gotham."

"Agreed, I'll round up the rest of the escapees. If I recall there is only Harley, Bane, and Firefly left to deal with. I got a tip from one of the officers here at the checkpoint on where Bane might be so I'll check that one out first. Overwatch out.

Time skip

Gotham 10/11/2022 2256hrs

After finding Bane at an old abandoned medical center, it didn't take long for Overwatch to defeat the supped-up thug. Given his vast array of gadgets and his enhanced body, Overwatch managed to take Bane down in a matter of minutes, tieing the villain up by a post and stripping him of his Venom injector. Jake left the Russian for the GCPD Major Crimes Unit to come pickup.

Grappling up to a nearby rooftop, Overwatch scrolled through his holo-glove for any leads on the other two that were still free. Seeing that one of the nearby fire stations had erupted in flames, you don't have to be a genius to link an unexpected fire to an escaped arsonist. Summoning the Batpod which was conveniently nearby, Jake sped off towards the blaze to try and catch the ex-firefighter who was now the cause of so many burns across the city.

Just as he arrived on the scene, Jake witnessed a burst of flames and glass as Firely flew out of the main window on his flight pack carrying the dead bodies of two firemen who had died in the flames

Just as he arrived on the scene, Jake witnessed a burst of flames and glass as Firely flew out of the main window on his flight pack carrying the dead bodies of two firemen who had died in the flames. Dropping the bodies in front of the station, the arsonist flew off just above the street. Evidently wanting Overwatch to chase him. Granting the criminal his wish, Jake gunned the throttle on the Bat-pod as he chased after the flying target.

Eventually gaining enough ground on the flying man, Jake ejected from the bike and launched a grappler straight into one of the wings on Firefly's jet-pack. With the extra weight, the pair went spiraling down into a shopping center. Crashing into the roof, Jake was on top of the arsonist, landing multiple punches to his opponent's yellow visor, cracking it on the right side. Having had enough of this beating, Firefly tried to use his thruster to gain some distance but was tied down by multiple lines connecting him to the rooftop. Crying out in a fiery rage, he sprayed his flaming napalm across the roof, trying to burn away as many lines as he could. Unfortunately for him, Overwatch was already on him again, ripping out his left wing from the main thruster assembly. Jake landed softly on the pavement of the parking lot as Firefly spiraled downwards once again. Knocking himself out by crashing into the side of the building.

When the police arrived to take him into custody, they found him dangling from one of the parking lot's lamp posts with a note that read; "This bug flew too close to the light" causing the officers to burst out in laughter at the humourous notion from the hero.

Unfortunately, Harley had managed to escape somehow along with Deadshot and, Captain Boomerang, much to the discomfort of Overwatch. But that discomfort was soon put away when Jake met the new addition to Wayne Manor. A fourteen-year-old boy by the name of Jason Todd.