"Ahmed," I say aggressively. "I like him. He makes me happy. Please act normal unless you want me to stop talking to you forever."

He stops in his tracks and looks at me. "It's that bad huh."

"What's bad?" I blink.

"Nothing," he says with a smile. "Let me get myself to look slightly presentable."

I go inside and sit on his bed as he washes his face with water and combs his hair.

"I'm nervous," I say as I play with my hijab. It was a habit I had whenever I got nervous.

"I''ll be right there and Wallah I promise I won't judge on anything that you say if that helps. And I'll even put on my airpods if that helps."

I give my brother a tiny hug. "Thank you." He wasn't always like this so I appreciated the slow change he had made as we grew older.

As if on cue, I hear the doorbell ring.

We both turn to look at each other.

"I don't know why he's here, but he wouldn't want me present if it wasn't important," my brother says as he gets up and walks towards the front door. I follow him.

Slowly, Ahmed opens the door to show Omar. He's wearing black straight pants and an oversized white graphic shirt. His hair was done perfectly.

He was perfect.

His eyes stayed on my brother as they shared a look.
My brother nodded.

Ahmed puts an arm around my shoulder protectively. "We can talk outside."

"Of course." My eyes go back to Omar. Had his voice always been this deep? He, however, keeps his eyes averted. I could see the slightest tinge of blush on his cheeks.

We step outside and I decide to speak. "What did you want to speak about?"

His eyes dart to mine quickly and then down to his hands again. "I wanted to ask a question. Or - rather make an agreement."

"You guys can talk over on the driveway if you want a bit more privacy," my brother cuts in before Omar can go any further. "I'll stand by the door and watch you two."

Omar looks at me.

He was letting me make the decision.

"Sure," I say awkwardly as I try my best to let my hands linger by my side and not posting with my hijab.

My brother nods again. He was being extra quiet.

We make our way to the driveway, right in front of where what I assumed was Omar's car was parked.

It was a black Audi R8.

Of course he had an Audi.

I bury myself in my thoughts before Omar interrupts me by clearing his throat.

He looked nervous.

"I know this has a chance of making you uncomfortable so just think of this as a message from me to you. And please don't feel pressured to answer to anything." He looks up at me and I can feel my heart stop from the intensity of his gaze.

"I like you. And when I say that I mean truly. Your being, your soul. The way you practice the deen. In the way that you constantly try to better yourself and the cute little way you whisper bismillah before starting to eat. I think if I kept myself around you any longer, I would fall in love." I stand there, too stunned to know what to respond.

I don't know what I was expecting him to say, but this surpassed anything I could have imagined.

His hands clamped together. His voice is slightly shaky but he gives a weak attempt at a small laugh.