31 - Let's Begin

Previously on Heartbroken...

She placed her hands on Lexi's shoulders and pushed her through the window. Lexi fell out of the house, and into the ground around the pool. She screamed, but then realized she didn't hit the ground. She looked up and saw Miguel. He had caught her.

----

Lexi and Miguel walked into the dojo, Tory and Hawk behind them. They stand in front of the other students. Johnny walks in last and stands next to Daniel.

"Ready? Let's begin!" Johnny said.

---

Daniel asked, "Ready?"

Johnny responded, "Let's Begin!

Everyone stood in a line, Lexi next to Miguel, their hands interlocked. It got quiet. No one said anything. The students all looked at one another. No one knew what to do. Demetri then raised his hand. 

He asked, "Uh, begin what exactly?"

Tory rolled her eyes. Lexi silently chuckled to herself. Johnny looked over at Daniel. Daniel exhaled.

"Begin a new era," he said. He continued, "Many of us used to be enemies." Everyone looked at Tory and Hawk. "But rivalries don't need to last forever," Daniel continued. He looked at Johnny. 

"The All-Valley Tournament is just a few months away, and this year, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book," Lexi's dad continued. Lexi looked down. Her own twin sister was on the other side. The wrong side. The cobra side. Miguel noticed and squeezed her hand. She looked up at him and smiled. 

"There's only one way we're gonna be able to beat-" Johnny interrupted Daniel, "By kicking their *sses so hard they sh*t themselves." Daniel's eyes widened and he looked at Johnny. Miguel and Lexi chuckled silently to themselves. "We gotta take things to the next level. Gotta teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us. They strike first? We'll pre-strike."

"Okay, we're getting ahead of ourselves," Daniel interrupted. "We are going to respond to what they do."

"Eagles do not respond. They swoop down and take whatever they want. That's what we're gonna do. Take back the Valley."

"Take it back in a measured and organized approach."

"We bite first!"

Lexi and Miguel worriedly looked at each other. How was this ever gonna work?

Daniel sighed and continued, "Okay, let's just warm up with some simple exercises."

Johnny shouted, "All right, line up!" Everyone moved up to where Miguel, Tory, and Lexi were standing and formed two lines. 

"Just breath and follow me," Daniel instructed. Daniel bent his elbows and moved his arms in then out, raising and straightening his arms up so they pointed at the sky. All the prior Miyagi-Do students copied him.

Johnny instructed, "Fight positions!" All the prior Eagle Fang students followed him, including Lexi, which obviously bothered Daniel. "Right leg back! Front kick ready. Hi-yah!" Mitch accidentally kicked too hard and knocked Nate to the ground.