1 - Strike First

Encino Oaks Country Club
Late August of 2018

LEXI TOOK A SIP OF HER COLA. She looked out at the pool. I love summer. She thought to herself, but tomorrow was the first day of school.

Lexi laughs as she sees two small kids jump into the pool together. Her brother was playing on his phone. She elbowed him. "Anthony, look there's a magician." She said, pointing to the guy. "I'm on level ten."

"Really? Come on, Anth." She said, because honestly, she wanted to see the magician herself. "Fine." Lexi rolled her eyes and stood up. She walked over to her parents. "That boy is getting on my last nerves. That magicain is awesome." She said, taking another sip of her drink.

"LaRussos!" A man says. Aisha and her dad walk over to us. "Hey, you still kicking that competition?" He asked, shaking her dad's hand. "You know it, Isaiah." He said. While the dads talked, Lexi walked over to Aisha.

"Hey, wanna go for a swim with me?" She asked her. "Um....I don't know..." Aisha repsonded. "Oh, come on!" Lexi said. "Oh, alright." She said. "Dad, we're going for a swim." Lexi said. "Alright, have fun!" He said.

Lexi and Aisha walked down to the pool. "Let's put our towels here." Lexi said. The two teens put their towels on the chairs. Lexi took off her floral dress revealing her bathing suit.

"Girl! You look great!" Aisha said, revealing her bathing suit too

"Aisha! You look gorgeous!" Lexi says. The girls both smile. They sit down at the edge of the pool and let their legs dangle in the water.

"So, are you excited for school?" Aisha asked. "Definitely. A new start." Lexi said. "I'm glad we have the same lunch. I don't know what I would of done without you." Aisha said. Lexi smiled and hugged Aisha.

"Lex, it's time to go home." Amanda said. "Okay. Bye, Aisha!" Lexi said. She stood up and put her dress back on. She grabbed her bag and waved to Aisha.