2 - Esqueleto

Over the next few weeks, Miguel and Lexi have become best friends.

October 2018

CYBER BULLYING IS NO LAUGHING MATTER. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not going to name names but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity. But today our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." Counselor Blatt said. "Poor Eli." Lexi said to her friends. 

-At Family Dinner-

"I got an email from the school. They're looking for chaperones. They seem desperate." Daniel said. "Yeah, no kidding." Amanda said. "Who wants to spend their Friday night in a sweaty gym?" She asked. "You're off the hook. I said I'd do it." Lexi and Sam dropped their forks. "What?" Lexi asked. "Come on. Counselor Blatt and I go way back. I couldn't leave her hanging."

"Mom?" Sam asked. "Uh...Come on, Daniel. Would you want one of your parents at your high school dance?" Amanda asked. "My mom drove me on dates, okay?" Lexi chuckled. "Yeah? And how'd that go?" Amanda asked. Sam crossed her arms in front of her. "This is so not fair." She said. "You won't notice me. I'll be a ghost." He said, looking at the twins. "Ghosts are lame." Anthony said. "Yeah, I'm not talking about a costume. It's just an expression."

"Just promise us you won't be embarrassing." Lexi said. "I promise." He said.

-At the dance-

Lexi, Aisha, Ariel, and Alyssa had a group costume.

Lexi spotted Miguel walk in. "I'll be right back." She walked toward the boy, who was dressed in a skeleton costume. "Hey, Mig!" She said, hugging him. He hugged her. "Hey, Lex! Love the costume!" He said. "Thanks! I-um love yours too!" She said. They walked over to Eli and Demetri. "Hey, guys!" She said. "I love your necromancer costume, and you're a....plastic surgeon?" She asked. "Yep. I fix lips." Lexi frowned. "How about you come hang out my other friends! It'll be fun!" She says.

"I don't know..." Demetri says. "Come on!" She begs. Demetri sighs. "Fine." Lexi grabs Miguel's wrist and pulls him toward her other friends, the other two follow.

"Hey, guys! This is Miguel!" Lexi said. Aisha and Miguel already knew each other, but the others were next introduced. "Nice to meet you!" They all said. "Then, this is Demetri and Eli." Lexi noticed Ariel blush. "Hey, Miggy, let's up grab some punch." She said. "Sure." They walked hand in hand over to the punch bowl.

She saw her dad and pulled out her phone.

Mr. Karate Dude

You're a 👻! 😁