25 - King Cobra

"Lexi!" Daniel shouted. He ran through the door and hugged his daughter in her wheelchair. "I'd love to catch up, but I'm going to Sensei's apartment. He's gonna help me stand today!" She said. He hesitantly smiled.

-Later-

"I hate this thing. This is ridiculous." Lexi whined as she hung in a large baby carrier. "What's ridiculous about it?" Johnny asked. "I look like a giant baby!" Lexi shouted. "You look beautiful though, Babe." Miguel said. "Thank you."

"The way you're whining and not walking, you might as well be a baby." Johnny said. "Isn't there a more bad*ss way we can do this?" Lexi asked. "You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for bad*ss training? You're legs are still weak! Now, you ready to stand?" Johnny asked. Miguel walked next to Lexi, ready to catch her if she didn't stand.

"Yes." She muttered. "One, two... three, go." Johnny let go and Lexi fell to the floor like jello. Miguel helped her over to the couch. "All right, better fall this time." Johnny said. Miguel sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. They glanced at Johnny's computer and saw the long message he was typing.

"You writing a novel?" Lexi asked. "Oh, no. It's a Facebook message." Johnny said, sitting down. "That? To who?" Miguel asked. "Babe from highschool." Johnny simply said. "Ali."

The teens' eyes widen. "Ali?" Lexi asked. "Like the Ali?" Miguel asked. Johnny nodded. "This is huge! This is huge!" Lexi said. "But, I mean, you're not gonna send that, right?" Miguel asked. "You cannot send her that message!" Lexi said. "Why not?" Johnny asked. "Because it's, like, 80 pages. In all caps." Lexi said.

"I have 35 years' worth of stuff to say, all right?" Johnny asked. "Okay, yeah, yeah. Yeah. But shorter messages are way cooler." Miguel said. "Like, this just looks desperate. And a little creepy. Sending her this would be like if you...like if you liked all her photos." Miguel said. Johnny looked at him.

"Oh, no." Miguel and Lexi said. "I liked the photos, plus there's a button for exactly that, why not click it. You liked all of Lexi's pictures anyway, what's the big deal about me?" Johnny said. "It's okay, because we're dating."

Lexi changed the subject. "Let's look at the message." Miguel grabbed the laptop and gave it to her. "Okay, she says she wants to know what you've been up to. Good! This is good. We can salvage this. Let's just make you a profile. Then, you'll be sending your message from a position of strength. First, we need to get some pictures. Do you have any photos?" Lexi asked. "Yeah, don't move." He stood up and starting laughing. "Don't move."

Lexi's phone buzzed on the table. Miguel grabbed it for her. It was her group chat with Aisha, Ariel, Alyssa, Thomas, and Charlie.

The Weirdoz

Queen Aisha 👑
Hey guys! Sorry I've been busy! My parents moved me to another school.

Little Mermaid 🐚
It's okay Aisha! But, anyway, Lexi, how are you doing? It's been a while since we've talked!

Thomas the Train 🚉
Yea it's been a while!

Mrs. Diaz
I'm doing okay! I can move my foot now. Miguel and Sensei are working on helping me walk today! I gtg but let's talk later!

Johnny showed them the box of pictures. He was shirtless in all of them. "Do you have any where you're wearing a shirt?" Lexi asked. "Yea, how's that?" Johnny asked, handing them a new picture that wasn't much better.

Heartbroken - Daniel's Daughter X Miguel Diaz [EDITED]рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ