29 - Feel the Night

Lexi and Miguel were stretching in the Miyagi-Do Dojo. "So this is the guy who founded Miyagi-Do?" Miguel asked, looking at the picture of Mr. Miyagi. "That's Mr. Miyagi. He taught my dad everything he knows." She said. "Like how Sensei learned everything from Kreese." Miguel said.

"Mr. Miyagi was nothing like Kreese. Kreese freaks me out, dude." Lexi said. Miguel chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes. Lexi stood and walked over to him. She interlocked her fingers with his.

"Plus, Miyagi taught karate focusing on defense. The right way." She said. "Yeah, but sometimes the best defense is more offense." Miguel said. "This is the problem." Lexi sighs. "Their styles are so far apart. My dad and Sensei will never see eye-to-eye with each other." She said. "I know...but we'll find a way." He said. He looked on the shelf next to him.

"What's this?" He asked, picking it up. "An Okinawan hand drum." She said. He looked down at it and tapped it with his finger. "What does it do?" He asked. "I'll show you." She said. He put the drum in his pocket and they walked to the center of the room.

"Try to hit me." She said. "I'm not gonna try to hit you, Babe." He said. "What? Scared you'll get beat by your girlfriend?" She asked. He scoffed. "All right." He said. He tried to hit her, but she blocked each one, pushing his arm away. "Not bad!" He said, she smiled. "But, I got some secret moves of my own." He said.

"Really? Do you?" She asked. "Yeah. Here, put your arms out." She put out her arms. He wrapped his hands around her's. "And then just..." He flipped her over and they landed on the ground. "See? Impossible to defend." He said, his face inches away from hers. She grabbed his hoodie and pulled him down to her. They kissed.

A few seconds went by, and then the door swung open. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Daniel said. Lexi's eyes widened and she blushed in embarassment. They sat up. "Dad!" She said. "Sorry." He said.

"Uh, is that my drum in your pocket?" He asked. He pulled the hand drum out of his pocket. He looked up Daniel. Daniel sighed. "Lexi...we need to talk. It's about Sam." Daniel said. They stood up. "Miguel, you can listen to." He added.

They walked into the back. They sat down. "Lexi...Sam is getting out of juvie tomorrow....and we aren't letting her back in the house. What she did to you was unexceptable. So, she's getting her own apartment. I just ask that you be with someone at all times, and never be by yourself." He said. "Okay..." Lexi said.

-Later-

Miguel looked at the yellow car in front of Miyagi-Do. Lexi next to him. "She's a beaut, huh?" Daniel asked. Miguel instantly stood up. "I don't usually see cars like this where I live." Miguel said awkwardly. "That's what I thought too." Daniel said.

"When Mr. Miyagi gave me this car, I was the enemy of all Reseda." Daniel took the plastic cover off the car. "I didn't know you're from Reseda." Miguel said.

"When I first moved out here, my mom and I didn't have two pennies to rub together. Things were different back then. I was jealous of all the county kids like Johnny." Daniel said. "Sensei was a rich kid?" Miguel asked. Daniel nodded.

"Yeah, he lived up in the hills. You didn't know that?" Daniel asked. "I'm sure he must've told told you all about our time in high school?"

"He did. Sensei told me how you beat him with an illegal kick." Miguel said. "Hey, hey, hey, the rules state anything above the waist is legal."

-Later-

The LaRussos were about to pick up Miguel. They were going to a Christmas Party and Lexi thought it would be fun if they cleared the air and Daniel and Miguel got to know each other better. They enjoyed talking to each other at the dojo.

They pulled in front of the apartments

They pulled in front of the apartments. Lexi got out of the car and walked to his door. Before she knocked, she saw Sensei walk out of his apartment. She waved and smiled. He waved and walked to his car.

She knocked on Miguel's door. Carmen answered. "Lexi! You look beautiful! I'll go get Miguel." She walked down the hall and knocked on his door. He walked out in a black suit. He smiled once she saw her and her heart melted.

"You look gorgeous." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulled her into a kiss. "You look handsome." They walked hand in hand to the car. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso." He said. "Hello, Miguel. It's nice to see you." Amanda said.

"Nice to see you too."

-At the Party-

The four of them walked in. Daniel spotted a blonde familiar woman. "Ali?" The beautiful woman turned to him. "Daniel?" They hugged. "Oh my god, it's do good to see you!' he said.

Lexi and Miguel turned to see Johnny. "Hey, Sensei!" Miguel said. Daniel sighed and looked at Johnny. "Johnny?" Ali asked. "Ali?" She hugged him. "Let's all sit down." Amanda said. All of them- even Johnny- all sat at the table.

"Ali, this is my daughter, Lexi and her boyfriend, Miguel." Daniel said. "Hello, sweetheart. It's nice to meet you." She said. "You too." Lexi smiles. "And they're also my students." Johnny said.

"Students?" She asked. "Yes, he teaches us karate." Lexi says, but her phone rings. It's Demetri. "I'll be right back." She says. She walks over to the other side of the room and answers.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked. "Is there any chance you and Miguel could ditch that party and come back to your house?" He asked. "What? Why?" She asked. "Eagle Fang and Miyagi-Do decided we are going to join forces."

"Really? We'll be there soon!" Lexi ran over to Miguel. "Miggy, we have to go!" She said. "Why?" He asked. She leaned over and whispered in his ear. His eyes widen. "We better go!" He stood up. "Lexi, what's going on?" Johnny asked.

"Can I borrow your car?" She asked Johnny. "What?" He asked. "Can I borrow your car? I promise I'll be careful!" She said. "Fine." He tossed her the keys. They ran out, leaving a four very confused adults.