Chapter 22

Shamsu's POV

Everyone has been busy in the jaji household with Fadila's walima and Shamsu's up coming Nikkah. Hajiya lubabatu had been ranting to some caterers on her phone, Shariff was moving some of Shamsu's things from his house to his new house, hanifa on the other hand offered to handle everything related to Fadila's walima because things where really too much for Shamsu.

He had some issues with the acting principal in his school, the man was so incompetent, he only appears once or twice in 2week or so. There was no way for Shamsu to handle two schools and his car business at the same time so he had to do something soon. He had also cancelled the meeting with his family and Ladi which was supposed so take place yesterday but things had been really rough for him.

Halima was being grumpy as always, she was assigned by Hajiya to look for exquisite boxes for her brother's bride. Shamsu noted soon that Halima wasn't pleased with his wedding like everyone is, he had heard her when they where conversing with Hajiya and how she said "when will be meet our so-called sister in-law" begrudgingly but choose to ignore her .

Shamsu had always wondered why Halima was such a sadists, she'll always try to pick a fight with her siblings when they where younger and if Hajiya or baba scolds her, she'll always accuse them of favouritism and she'd say that everyone was being unfair to her. It didn't help that she was always having issues with her husband, thinking that he favours her Co-wife. That's how she is

Joyless.....

Hanif was being himself other than annoying his twin sister and doing errands for Hajiya.

Shamsu excused himself when Hajiya's phone rang, he was eager to leave the house because he had so much to do. Shamsu stood up, he went to the kitchen to retrieve a bottle water and waved at Shariff's wife Abida before going to his car.

**************

Ladi ordered for an Oreo milkshake as she waited for Shamsu at the cafe outside their school. They had become a regular customer because that's where they always meet. She was typing something on her phone when she heard a shift from the chair across her, Ladi smiles and kept her phone down.

"Assalamualaikum" Shamsu said while smiling widely at Ladi

"Wa'alaikumus Salam" Ladi replies and adjusted her sitting position.

"How's the wedding and walima preparations, I hope all is going well" Shamsu asked.

Ladi felt guilty because she still hadn't told bintu about her upcoming wedding. Latifa had already contacted a woman from Maiduguri for the gyaran jiki but Niima had suggested that they wait after Bintu's walima to discuss some of the things they'll need.

"Alhamdulillah how's Fadila and everyone at home"

"They're all fine, Fadila and the twins can't wait to meet you" Shamsu chuckles

"Me too and bintu"Ladi couldn't explain exactly why she haven't told bintu about them yet so she had no choice but to lie " And you haven't told me what happened in Kano when you went to Ya mustapha's house" Ladi said purposely changing the topic.

"Oh well you never asked" Shamsu winked

Ladi narrowed her eyes at him "so.... What happened"

"Why do you want to know, it doesn't concern you habibty" Shamsu used his mischievous tune

Ladi look around to see if anyone one heard Shamsu before turning back to him "Don't call me that in public"

"I see no reason why I shouldn't, besides you need to get use to it" Shamsu said to get a reaction from her and he did, he laughed and Ladi gave him a pointed look

"What..."

"Just tell me what happened in Kano" Ladi said while folding her hands

"Hmm"Shamsu placed his index finger on his chin which was covered with beard. He paused as if he was deciding on something " bride me"

"Bride you?"

"Yes, you could also give me a pet name like babe, habiby or anything you'd think would fit me...."

"Not happening" Ladi interrupts Shamsu before she would die of embarrassment, she couldn't even maintain eye contact with him for a few seconds and here he is saying things that might probably not happen, at least not now.

"Ok then tell me something" shamsu said and stared at her intensely.

"Tell you what"Ladi raised and head and stared back at Shamsu curiously

"Tell me you love me"

Ladi froze, her heart was palpitating in her chest, no words where exchanged between them, Ladi was debating whether to say anything or not, she robs her palms to calm her nerves. Shamsu on the other hand just stared at her with a warm smile, he knew for a fact that Ladi loved him even if she didn't voice it out, he knew she did from the way her eyes lit up when ever they met or when she blushes whenever he compliments or tries to flirt with her. Shamsu knew all this but it would be really nice to hear the words from her mouth.

Shamsu removed his zanna bukar cap and placed it on his laps, he was about to say something to Ladi when he heard a voice calls his name. He turn to see Yaqoub along side his brother Shariff walking to their table.

"Ah'ah Amaryan mu" Yaqoub smiles cheekily at Ladi, Shariff widened his eye as he looked back at the woman sitting across from his brother.

"I hope we didn't interrupt anything" Yaqoub said while wiggling his brows at a scrouling Shamsu.

"No you didn't" Ladi smiled back at Yaqoub.

"In wuni(Good afternoon)" Shariff greeted and gave Shamsu a knowing smile but the man just ignored them.

Ladi answered, she looked at Shamsu probably waiting for an introduction but Yaqoub beat Shamsu to that.

"I am the infamous Yaqoub, the one that prof can't leave without"Shamsu scoffs at his friend, he raised his brows at Shariff in a questionable manner, his brother just nodded his head and turned back his attention to his would be sister-in-law.

Ladi chatted with the two men for some few minutes before they exited the cafe, she turned back to Shamsu, Ladi caught him starring at her so she lowered her gaze

"I've been meaning to tell you, Fadila suggested that we move to a new house, I was actually thinking about the same thing before She voiced my thoughts out" Shamsu beamed

"Oh ok" Ladi smiles at how Shamsu talks about his daughter with so much adoration, she just hopes they'll get along with bintu.

"What's going to happen to the old house"

"Might probably sell it". Shamsu shrugged

"So when did you say we'll meet with Hajiya" Ladi asked

"Anytime, Hajiya  has been looking forward to meeting you, she even accuses me of delaying the meet up because I don't want her to see you"

"Alright, why don't we meet tomorrow, after closing from school, bintu would be going straight to islamiyya after...."

"About that"Shamsu cut in "Hajiya wants to meet you both.

Ladi stared at him unblinkingly "huh"

Shamsu furrowed his brows at the disturbed look on Ladi's face, he thought she didn't get what he said
"Uhm i said Hajiya wants to meet you and bintu"

_____________

🙃🙃🙃🙃

Don't forget to vote and comment

A mother's choice✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara