Chapter 9

Seeing Shamsu is not ready to say anything, Hajiya luba picked her bag and started heading towards the door. Shamsu stood up and block his mother from stepping out.

"Get out of my sight Shamsudeen. (Na zama tsohuwar banza ko) so am an old hag right that you'll ignore me when am taking to you. You think I derive pleasure in doing this, I am your mother and to Allah I have the purest intention at heart. Shamsudeen it's been 10years since Aisha's death and you still don't want to get married, Fadila needs a mother in her life and you are not getting any younger" Hajiya luba backed with so much rage.

"Hajiya please hear me out" Shamsu pleaded "Hajiya please bear with me, I didn't mean to ignore you" he lifted her hands and put them on his forehead "I just didn't know what to say. I...I...did not mean to upset you please forgive your son. I also didn't mean to neglect the marriage proposal, is just that I think I have someone in mind"Shamsu blurted.

Yaqoub lifts his head and stares at his friend in the look at says 'I hope you know what you're doing' before bringing out his phone from the side picked of his kaftan. He sends a text message to his wife saying that his not coming home soon and that she should not wait for him.

Hajiya smiled like she wasn't the one that looked like a grenade that was about to explode any minute" haba Shamsu, why didn't you introduce her to us earlier, you see what you made me do. I thought you didn't have anyone up till date that's why I was so furious. So now that you have, ask her if she's ready then we'll set a date OK" with that she proceeded to the door.

To say Shamsu is shocked by his mother's behavior would be an understatement, she didn't even asked of her supposed daughter in-law's name. Sure he know Hajiya wants him to get married but he never knew she was this desperate.

"Abokina, you are so messed up" Yaqoub pats his back in a teasing manner.
"Ahh you think I don't know" Shamsu buried his face in his palms seats on his couch.
"And who is this someone that you told Hajiya"Yaqoub asked even though he already knows the answer
"Stop asking rhetorical questions Yaqoub, you know who"shamsu hiss in irritation.
"Does she knows....... about how you feel"
"No she doesn't, that's why I need your help yaqoub, I need more time to clear things and with Hajiya's persistence I don't think she will listen to any excuses"
"Have sabr prof. and remember Allah never burdens a soul with what it can't take. I need to go now, just call me if you need anything" Shamsu accompany his friend to his car before going up to Fadila's room.

**********