Chapter 12

Ignore the typos
.
.
.
.
🙃

Ladi is seated in the kitchen clearing out the refrigerator,she then picked her phone and called her sister. Latifah picked the call  in the third ring " yanzu sai anga dama ake ansa wayan mutane ko" latifah hissed
    "Assalamu Alaikum to you too" ladi chuckled " Am so sorry latifah, i wasn't in the right state of mind to return any calls yesterday"
     " what's wrong, did something happen to bintu, please talk to me iyar uwa" latifah knew something was off with her sister, she just sense it, be it a twins thing but when ever one of them is facing some problem, they feel uneasy.
     " no bintu is fine, she's currently at her islamiyya. Is just that well yesterday, i was carried away and i forgot bintu in school" she paused letting the tears roll freely" iyar uwa i was careless i...i...i forgot my own daughter, what if something bad had happened to her, am a bad mother latifah, i really am" ladi sobbed hard this time, she couldn't imagine what she'd do if something bad had happened to bintu.
        " shhhhh ladi don't say that, don't you dare utter those words. Nothing happened and inshaAllah nothing bad will happen to bintu ok,  please you are not a bad mother, if anything you're the best mother ever. I mean everything you're doing now and all you've  achieved within 3 years all becuse of bintu, i really admire you ladi" latifah's words really helped ladi, she feels relieved and grateful to have a sister like latifah.
          " You know what you did was a mistake ladi and people make mistakes ok"latifah smiled glad  she was able to cheer her sister up
         "ok " ladi nodded her head to reassure her self that it's a fair mistake, it won't repeat itself.

        " so now iyar uwa tell me what made you so lost that you'd forget bintu or rather who" Latifah smirk as if ladi could see her.  ladi rolls her eyes but didn't say anything.
         " what, cat got her tongue"latifah raised her brows, she was about to say something but a peircing scream stopped her.
          " mommmmmy"
         " oh Allah this children will not kill me, khalifah why is sakina screaming neh wai" latifah yelled from across the passage that leads to her sons room.
             "i'll go check" khalifah stood up quikly "no i'll go check her" sagir, khalifah's twin brother jump from his bed.
              " you both should just go now, she might have fallen from her bed or something" latifah said has she ambulated back to the sitting room.
             "sorry ladi, is your children that want to kill me before my time"
            " hmm khalifah and sagir ko, anyways hows baby sakina doing"ladi asked
            " that girl, she's even more troblesome than her brothers, let me go and check them before they break anything but i'll call you latter. You'll have to tell me everything between you and mister unknown" latifah said with a mischievious smile.
             " i don't know what you're talking about, there's no mister unknown"ladi said trying to hide her blush.
              "yeah right whatever,  keep telling yourself th...." latifah was interrupyed by sakina's disturbing wail.
           "Maaaaaami sagir won't let me carry my sister" khalifah tap his foot while glaring at sagir " hey she's my sister too" sagir glared back at his brother while shaking sakina in a consoling manner.
          " ok that's it bye iyar uwa zamuyi magana anjima(we'll talk later)" latifah hang up almost immediately.

    Ladi shook her head reminising the good old days, when they where kids, they where just like khalifah and sagir. Ladi was marking some of her student's assignment when bintu came in feeling exhausted, she threw her islamiyya bag and suatted  to greet her mom.
           "ma Good evening, oh mommy am so tired" bintu whined
       Ladi smiled at her daughter and dropped the books on her laps, bintu removed her hijab and rest her head on her mother's laps" how was islamiyya today" ladi message bintu's head
         " it was fine, we're preparing for our graduation, mallam ibrahim said that we are to memorize the second chapter of suratul isra'i" bintu beamed
      " wow barakallahu fiki, i can't believe you're almost done with islamiyya" ladi was equally excited as her daughter.
        "yes and also they are going to merge us with another islamiyya, they're also graduating the same date as ours but i've forgotten the name of the islamiyya" bintu draws her bag from the cough to remove her Qur'an then place it on the center table.
         "do you want us to go to kano for the house walima"ladi asked
        "no mom we always go to kano for every occassion, we always spend our holidays there, why don't they come to us this time. It will be fun, everyone will come because am also going to be graduating from jss 3, four days after the walima" bintu suggested.
          " i think that's a great idea,  you really like it here don't you" ladi teased
          "well yeah i do now, before i use to think that we don't have anyone here but ourselves that's why i alway want to go to kano but i've come to realize that there are alot of people here that  care about us and are welling to accept us the way we are"bintu smile thinking about the friends she made here, both in school and islamic school, also she could never forget how Anty niima took care of her before her mother came to pick her up. Bintu then remembered irfan, anty niima's son. She doesn't know why she thinks about him alot this days, maybe because he was so nice to her. She quickly dismiss the thought and stood to go fetch her food.

Ladi watched her daughter's retriting figure with a satisfied smile. 'well kaduna is not so bad after all' ladi thought and continued marking. She finished her work and picked her phone to check her call logs, her eyes doubled on seeing a lot of missed calls and a few unread message.
       "mommy should i take this books to your room since you're done" bintu said arranging all the books that are on ladi's laps.
          "yes please thank you oh and bring my bag for me" ladi waited untill bintu got out of side. she first checked the missed calls and saw that it was all from shamsu, she then started reading the messages.

         'Assalamu Alaikum, hey how are you, were you able to find bintu, i hope you're alright'
         'hi sorry if am being nosy it's just that am so worried, how's bintu. Please call me when you're less busy'

Ladi dialed his number without thinking twice,she doesn't know why, she just felt like she had to do it.The phone started ringing and shamsu answered on the first ring.

"Assalamu Alaikum how are you miss raihana" shamsu asked in a worried tone.
      " wa'alaikumus salam am fine Mr. Shamsu  and i was able to find bintu thanks to my friend mrs. Niima, she took bintu with her when i didn't show up" ladi explained
      shamsu signed in relieve"Alhamdulillah am so relieved, how is she anyway"
       " she's fine" ladi glanced up wondering why bintu is taking long.
       " Miss. Raihana am so sorry, it's all my fault if i hadn't asked you to.."
      " it's fine Mr. Shamsu bintu is home safely, we shouldn't bother ourselves"
       "ok you're right"shamsu paused because he doesn't know what else to say.
        " Am glad that she's ok now" shamsu said not welling to end the conversation. He could spend all day listening to her.
        "Yeah and shamsu" ladi said before he could cut the call.
         "thanks for your concern, i really appreciate it"ladi added before hanging up.

__________________

Am so sorry, i know it has been ages but am back now and inshaAllah i'll be updating frequently.
writer's block has really been cruel to me😭 but thanks to aeesha_ahmad i was able to come back on track.

So what do you all think about latifah
What do you think is taking bintu so long.  If you like the chapter, kindly vote and comment💕