Chapter 23

Bintu did her muraja'a for the last time before she closed the Qur'an and went down stairs to help some of her aunts and cousins. her uncle's house is a big spacious house which is good considering the people that will attend the house walima, the place is filled Up with people, most of her cousins are here and everyone was doing one thing or the other, the toddlers are doing what they do best by frustrating their mothers. Mubeena and her sister Nabila are also there, their father had finally agreed for them to come to the walima, bintu was beyond happy to see them, they where like best friends back in Kano.

"Bintu, remember when Nabila broke Anty Ladi's center table" Mubeena said giggling

Nabila glared at her

"Oh how can I forget" bintu laughed " my daddy was so mad, he even asked Anty Rashida to send Nabila to her Father's village" they all laughed

"Hmm, and I was so scared wallahi, I refused to go home that day" Nabila shooke her head while smiling

"Allah me and bintu where just pleading with Baba Tanimu" mubeena beamed

"Allah sarki those days" bintu smiled sadly recalling those bitter sweet memories

The three girls finished doing what they where assigned to do, even though Mujahi's wife Amani strictly asked bintu not to touch anything, saying the girl should save her energy for the walima but bintu couldn't help it. She wanted to catch up with her cousins.

.................................

"Anty yadi, I can't find my pow and I want to potty" Niima's 4year old daughter said with teary eyes

Ladi looks at Aisha and smile "where's your mummy"

"I donno" Aisha said and stamps her foot on the ground "I want to potty"

"Ok I'm coming" Ladi removed the little girl's Ankara gown and went into the toilet with her. When they came out, Aisha quickly ran out of the room, the girl felt so free since there were little children her age in the house.

Ladi went downstairs to look for Niima, she felt so helpless at the moment, Ladi didn't want to talk to Latifa about the issue concerning bintu because she'll want to talk to bintu herself and Ladi really needed someone to talk to.

After talking to Shamsu at the restaurant, Ladi agreed that she'll inform bintu and they'll meet Hajiya tomorrow, she still didn't tell Shamsu that bintu was unaware of the whole situation.

Ladi checks the kitchen but she couldn't find Niima, she asked Amani that was sweeping the living room, Amani pointed toward the front door. Ladi nodded, went downstairs and walked outside, she checked the backyard and saw Niima chatting with one of Ladi's cousin. She dragged her inside the house.

"Ah ah, what happened"Niima said irritated that her gist was cut short.

"I really have a problem Niima" Ladi sat on the couch that was set in the passage.

"What happened"

Ladi signs

"Ki fadamun mana(tell me now)"Niima said frustrated

"Shamsu's mother wants to meet me and bintu"ladi fiddles with her fingers

"So.... Isn't that a good thing"Niima asked confused

"What do you mean a good thing, I haven't told bintu about....."

"Ohhh.... Oh ya Allah" Niima exclaimed

"And when's the meeting"

"Tomorrow"

"Hmmm" Niima just gave Ladi a once over because she really didn't know what to say to her