chapter 24

Say a prayer for me because It's my birthday 🎉💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Recap
_________________

"What are you saying mummy"bintu asked scared at how her mother was so serious

"What I'm saying is that....."

Ladi came and sit close to her daughter,she held bintu's shoulder to reassure her or more like herself.
*
*
*
*
"I'm getting married..."

____________________

Bintu's POV

"I...I don't understand" bintu said with a shaky voice.

"Bintu listen"

"No please mummy"bintu let the tears roll freely down her cheeks. She thought of the rumors,the students that came to congratulate her, Nusaiba and bilkis.

"I Know this Will be hard...."

"B..bu...But why"bintu interrupted again

"Why do you have to get married"bintu said in-between hiccups and wipe her tears with the back of her palms

Ladi moved back to get a clear view of her daughter's face "what do you mean by that, do I have to have a reason to get married young lady, I knew you won't be able to understand anything right now but with time you will"

Bintu yanked her body from her mother's bossom and stamps her foot continuously on the ground "but whyyyyy!!!!"bintu cried uncontrollably "they ju...just want t...to take you away from me, that's it"

Ladi stood up and gave bintu a hot slap"WILL YOU SHUT UP"

bintu staggered back and landed her butt on the cold tiles, she looks up at her mother with bloodshot eyes before lowering her gaze, she knew better than to say anything.

"Kin jimun yarinya(see this girl) You even have the mind to talk back at me" Ladi points her fingers at bintu  with teary eyes "I am your mother!!! I am the one who gave birth to you and not the other way round and anything I choose to do with my life, you'll have to abide by it wether you're in support of it or not, is that clear" Ladi yelled

"Y..yes"bintu said

"You'll have to respect who I'm getting married too and treat him as you would your own father and any person related to him, you're going to accept them just like you would your blood family. You're going to behave well mannered and disciplined just like I've installed in you kinaji na da kyau (are you hearing me clear fully)"Ladi yelled while glaring at bintu.

"Ehh naji(yes I've heard)"bintu said with a shaky voice.

"That being said, stand and wipe those foolish tears before I beat the hell out of you, at least that will give you a valid reason to cry"

Bintu told up and wipe her tears suddenly feeling guilty at the way she talked back at her mother,but all this wouldn't have happened if that principal haven't decided to marry her mother.

"Tomorrow is Friday right"Ladi asked calmly

"Uhm..."

"CAN'T YOU SPEAK!" Ladi yelled "ko nazama tsarar wasan ki ne(or I've become your play mate"

"Yes mummy, tomorrow is Friday"

Ladi hisses "get out and call mummy T on your way"

"Ok"bintu said quietly, she was about to step out from the room when Ladi stoped her