Chapter 10

Shamsu signed and pick up his phone from the pale of scattered papers on his table, he dialed a number muttering 'it's now or never before ambulating out of his office.

*****
Ladi is lost in deep thought about her outburst with the principal. She groans aloud and hiss. 'What was I thinking, how could I be so Impulsive. I never thought that I could loose my job before venting my anger on the whole principal. Oh Allah, please help me' she slaps her palm on her forehead in frustration.

"LADIDI....."Niima shakes ladi's shoulder to bring her out of her chain of thought.

" wh...what...why are you shouting Niima"Ladi spat with a confused look.

"I've been calling your name for almost 5minutes but you where lost. Look I know what you did was.... well it wasn't the right thing to do, most especially to the principal but the deed has already been done so stop stressing yourself"Niima smiled reassuringly

Ladi told Niima about what transpired between her and Mr. Shamsudeen, she later regrets letting her anger  takes over her because weather she's at fault or her, his still the principal and he wouldn't hesitate to sack  her at anytime.

"I know, but what if he sacks me, then I will have to go back to kano and depend on ya mustafa and bintu's relatives" A lone tear slides down ladi's cheeks at the thought of her and her daughter being a burden. Ladi shakes her head to dismiss the negative thought "uhm Niima, do you think he...th.....the  principal will listen to my pleas, I really don't want to depend on anyone, I don't want my daughter to call on to someone else in times of need while am still alive"This time she let the tears rush freely without stopping them.

Niima stood from her sit to move close to ladi, she wipes ladi's tears and lifts ladi's cheeks to meet her eye level " Now listen to me ladi, nothing of such will happen Bi'izinillahi Ta'alah. I don't know what came over the principal that he reacted that way with you but I know his not that ruthless to  the extend of sacking you, and ladi remember, put your trust in Allah and all shall be well OK"

"OK" ladi smiled at her friend, the only person she could confine in apart from her family.

"Now  promise me you'll stay strong for bintu"
"I promise "
"There's the fearless miss Raihana, welcome back" Niima cheered, she couldn't stand seeing ladi's weak state.

They where in the middle of conversing when ladi's phone rang. She picks up the phone but froze immediately after seeing the caller ID. Ladi contemplates weather to pick the call or not. The phone went off and she just shrugs but before she could drop the phone, it immediately rang.

"Just answer the call ladi, you will have to face him anyways so why not now "Niima states the matter of factly.
Ladi singh defeatedly before answering the call" Hello, head of literature department speaking. How may I help you sir"ladi speaks formally in one breath.

Shamsu smile from the other side relived that she didn't decline the call and surprised that she saved his number or maybe she recognizes his voice. He shoke his head to clear the unnecessary thought.
"Hello" ladi repeated nervously
"Uhm sorry, Assalamu Alaiki if you don't mind, could you please meet me at the café outside the school. I have some important issues to discuss with you" Shamsu said still smiling

"But sir I have a class to attend to in the next 15minutes" ladi feels uneasy with  the way Mr. Shamsu spoke calmly 'what is he planning now'

"Don't worry I have assigned a corper to take all your classes for today. I won't take much of your time, I promise" with that being said shamsu cuts the call.

Ladi eyed her phone with a curious look" how did he get my number "she asked no one in particular.

Niima shrugs" his the principal, what do you expect, the bigger question here is why did you save his number, where you expecting him to call"Niima smirks and walk out of ladi's office

*******
Ladi parked her car in the parking space outside the restaurant, she removes her shades,picks her bag before alighting from the car and walks casually to the café's entrance. She raises her hand to push the glass door but the security man beats her to it, he smiles and pull the door open from the inside. Ladi smiled back and thanked the security man before heading inside the café.
She spots Shamsu on a table probably waiting for her.

        'Breath ladi everything will be fine inshaAllah'

She walks to the table where she spotted shamsu, she pulls a chair and sat opposite shamsu. All this while shamsu was openly checking her out without blinking, as she sat down, he immediately blinks and adjusted his seating opposition,

"Actually the reason why I asked for us to meet is to apologized for how I reacted, am deeply sorry for being so inconsiderate and saying all those harsh words" Shamsu paused to see if he could get any reaction from her but ladi just stared at him blankly "I was worried I heard that both you and your daughter where absent, then I couldn't help but assume something bad had happened. But then again it will be awkward to call you without having any solid reason that's why I thought maybe if I should switch to the ruthless principal who has no regards for anyone will get rid of any awkwardness but I guess I thought wrong" shamsu raised his head and they're eyes meet but ladi lowered her gaze and fiddles with the ring on her finger.

"Miss. Raihana I know this are all lame excuses but I would really appreciate it if you could for....."
"I forgive you" ladi interrupted shamsu
"Huh you do"Shamsu said amazed, he thought ladi would give him a hard time before she forgives him

"Yes I forgive you and I also want to apologize for my outburst, am not like that though I got carried away by my anger so that's that I forgive you and you forgive  me too right" Shamsu nods his head grinning like a kid

"But Mr. Shamsu why do you care " ladi asked out of the blue

"What do you mean" Shamsu said clueless
"Why do you care if I was absent or not, why where you worried about me and my daughter, why did you have the urge to know what's going on with me and my daughter. And am sure you don't behave like this to other teachers so why me" ladi narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously but the way Shamsu stared back at her with adoration made her feel uncomfortable

    'Why is he looking at me like that or is it me'her inner voice mocked

"Isn't it obvious"Shamsu said with his gaze still fixed on her

" what's obvious "ladi seemed a bit taken aback by his question

"I like you Miss. Raihana" Shamsu blurted

____________
OMG did shamsu just confessed his feelings💖
I could kill to see ladi's reaction right now hehe
Who has a friend like Niima

Please if you like this chapter don't forget to vote and comment
😘😘😘