𝟗.𝟐𝟎 * 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄

Choi Soobin looked at his brother, who sat silently and thoughtfully beside his bed while he tried to move his fingers to remember the feeling again

Choi Soobin looked at his brother, who sat silently and thoughtfully beside his bed while he tried to move his fingers to remember the feeling again. It took a long time and was tedious, but he was glad that at least he could talk to people again. Taehyun wasn't around, had to work, but since his brother didn't really have a job, he was glad he came to see him.

"Gyu stayed with you?" he finally asked Yeonjun, even though his voice was still weak and scratchy, the words also coming from him very slowly.

His parents had explained the situation to him yesterday, and it had taken a moment to process that three complete years had passed. Three years missed. But unlike Taehyun, Soobin didn't blame their mutual friend. On the contrary. He was worried about him and wanted to see him.

Yeonjun nodded, fingers intertwined, and he had been staring at Soobin's bedspread for more than ten minutes. His head was full of thoughts, almost overflowing. Hwasa hadn't found Beomgyu, had come to him in the hospital without his boyfriend, and since then he couldn't think of anything else. He was afraid that something had happened to him, because even though he had looked everywhere he had been with the 21-year-old so far, he was nowhere to be found. As if disappeared from the face of the earth and the rapper just did not know what to do. Even his friends, whom he had called immediately this morning, had not seen him. Now his darling was back out there and he just wanted to know if he was okay. "Yeah, he ran away from home and - ... almost froze to death out there," Yeonjun ran the sleeve of his hoodie over his face. And saying that fact again drove the worry even higher, and he buried his face in his hands.

Soobin lowered his eyes dejectedly. After all, it was his fault that his friend had carried these feelings of guilt around with him. All those years because he hadn't come out of the coma. "I'm sorry that he left because of me. And that Tae was mad at him all this time."

Yeonjun shook his head again, sighed heavily, and looked at his brother. "It's not your fault, it's nobody's fault. But-...", he paused and bit his full lower lip strained, swallowing hard because he felt like there was a lump in his throat again. "I just want him to come home," he muttered then, his eyebrows drawn together. "I promised him I'd protect him, and now I don't even know where he is."