𝟑.𝟎𝟒 * 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐔𝐒

Together, after a while, they reached Time Square, where a crowd had already gathered

Together, after a while, they reached Time Square, where a crowd had already gathered. Music could be heard clearly and Beomgyu grabbed Yeonjun's hand more tightly to guide him through the crowd until they reached a place from where they could have a good look at the empty circle people were making around a group of teenagers and adults moving to the music.

It was a large grouping, roughly about twenty people. If not more, and they were dancing pretty darn well.

"It's a flash mob," Beomgyu explained over the music that could probably be heard throughout Time Square. "Have you ever seen one?" he asked Yeonjun, hugging him close enough that their shoulders touched and he could see between the heads of the people in front.

"Only from a distance," the taller one replied, stretching to see over some. When he turned his head back to Beomgyu, he saw the latter looking at the many people with a concentrated gaze. He seemed thoughtful, still holding his friend's hand. It was impressive how the various dancers moved and had control over their bodies.

Was this Beomgyu's world?

"Did you ever want to join something like this?"

"Yes, with my friends," Beomgyu told me after the question arose. "Just a lot bigger than that. Big enough to be on TV." A weary smile left him at the thought. Still, on one hand it was reassuring to watch the dancers choreograph, on the other it was frightening. It reminded him of what lay ahead. "My friends always had big goals."

While he had just been the follower.

"What was yours?" asked Yeonjun with an interested look. "What ... is your goal?"

Beomgyu smiled, slipped his free hand into his pocket, and pulled out the remaining notebook to hold it in the air. "Songwriter. I want to write songs," he announced. At least, that thought had stuck with him over the past few years. Dancing had always been just a hobby, a former passion, but since the accident with Soobin, he no longer had a need for it. Nevertheless, the music itself would probably never leave him. Which was also the reason why he was so fascinated by his boyfriend from the beginning.