Forty-Seven

Claude is suspicious of you making you uncomfortable which is something which Athanasia noticed.

The moment you and the princess are alone, you spill everything out to her.

When I say everything, I mean 'everything' from how you found yourself in the anime world to Ryu and Hayate.

"Wow, that is insane," Athanasia says after you finish, still trying to process everything in her head.

However, she feels sympathy for what you have gone through up till now.

And also feels relif to see someone like her not from this world.

"I know, and what is worst is that two years and half of my life have passed," you say, leaning back in the chair.

Indeed, you started traveling to other universes when you were seventeen, now you are nineteen going on twenty.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" your eyes lighten up in happiness.

"Yes, actually there is a way to help me-"

You get cut off by emperor Claude entering the room without any announcement.

You both go silent, as he sits beside his daughter and stares at you coldly.

Well, this is awkward.

Honestly, you don't understand why he even hates you, it is not like you have done anything horrible.

But, he is so hot even when you are in his presence, it only makes him more handsome.

"If you do not mind, Father, can (Y/n) stay here with us for a while until she can return home?" Athanasia requests politely.

"No"

His response is blunt and emotionless making the air more intense.

Athanasia was about to argue with her father, but you stop her.

"It ok, I was not going to stay here, I just need to meet Lucas then I will take my leave, your highness," you say, sending a fake smile in Claude's direction.

"Athanasia, leave us"

Your eyes widen a little bit at his request, feeling a little bit afraid.

"Father-" he cuts her off.

"I just wish to have a word with your friend" he spats out the last word.

The princess gives you a defeated look, before obeying her father and leaving.

The moment, she is outside, you look anywhere except at the emperor, feeling scared for your life.

"Where have you been?"

The question shocks you a little bit. What is he talking about?

"Excuse me what?" You ask slowly.

"Answer the question, where have you been, (Y/n)?"

Claude is also a little puzzled at you, how are you here?

How do you still look the same age you left him

"I apologize for asking that but have we met before?"

The golden-haired man stands up, walking towards you slowly, as you stand up in alarm.

The moment he reaches you, he leans towards you.

"So, you do not remember that we were engaged? Is that another game of yours?"

Suddenly the door slides open, forcing Athanasia and Lucas to fall on the floor.

They were both eavesdropping on the conversation.