Forty-Eight

"I swear that I don't know what you are talking about, I have never even met you before, your highness"

You explain, standing up from your seat, already feeling pressured under Claude's narrowed gaze.

Meanwhile, Lucas and Athanasia watch with curiosity.

You have read the manhwa about as many times as you can count on your fingers and toes.

Making you one hundred percent sure that no one looks like you in 'who made me a princess'

Well, to be honest, you read it about three years ago and weren't able to read any new chapters, because of the universe traveling.

"Sit down" he orders with an emotionless voice.

You obey quickly, feeling afraid of the tyrant, not wishing to anger him.

"You are my fiancee" you scoff and roll your eyes at his words.

"Have you not been listening? I don't know you, believe me, if you were my fiance, I would never-" you cut yourself off.

'I would never leave a hot dude like you alone'

That's exactly what you were going to say but decided against.

Yeah, you learned from your past mistakes.

"Listen, I have a boyfriend" you start, hoping that he would leave you alone with this being said.

But, he doesn't drop the subject.

"You are not leaving here"

Athanasia's mouth almost drops in shock at her father, realizing what he is going to do.

"I think you should leave that choice to (Y/n), Papa" Athanasia cuts in, Claude stares at his daughter.

"She will be your new stepmother from now on" he announces.

"I have a boyfriend" you repeat.

"Consider him dead, I will not allow you to leave me again"

The way the emperor is saying that to you in a stoic way makes you furious.

"You will also be sleeping in my chamber from now on"

♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎

"Did you ever see me appear in the manwha?" you ask Athanasia as she walks you to her father's chambers.

"No, however, I think I got an idea of what is going on in here" you raise an eyebrow at her.

"What do you mean?"

"I think you might have appeared in the manhwa after my death"

Lucas stays silent the whole time as he stares down at you.

For some reason, Lucas turned into his adult form.

"Maybe" you mumble, shrugging your shoulders.

"You can return to your duties, I will escort (y/n)" the dark-haired magician says

"Ok, see you around, (Y/n)"

The moment you are left alone with Lucas, you feel heat rush to your face at the proximity between you two.

Out of nowhere, he slams your body against the wall and glares into your soul with his red eyes.

"How dare you leave me, and ran away?"