34. Start of Something New

Start from the beginning

"I'll sue for wrongful employment practices or unjust employee treatment." Bey cackled and I grinned as I found February 3rd, 2013. I put 'Beyoncé's/My first Super-bowl Half Time Show'.

Because it definitely wouldn't be my last.

MJ POV

It had been 3 months since I had gotten out of rehab. 3 months since Trilogy dropped. And almost 9 months since the public had last seen me.

Yet, Trilogy was still doing great on the charts.

It was number 1 for like a month, then Bieber came and took my spot but it's cool, cause guess what? 3 months later it was still in the top 10. And almost two years later, Glass House was still in the top 20.

Both of those facts made me think about what Bey said.

I needed to do something. Everybody agreed with me, it didn't have to be something big, but it needed to be something.

When I called my team to tell them to drop 'Adorn' as a single, which was coming out in the next week, they told me that the MTV Video Music Awards were coming up, and I had been invited, despite the fact I wasn't nominated. I was surprised to hear that, considering I skipped it in 2011 when I was nominated.

I had until the end of the week to figure out if I was going.

I also had another offer.

Drake was apart of a line up at a festival Jay-Z founded called Made In America, and he wanted to bring me out as a guest. I was actually contemplating on doing it. I wasn't for sure though.

"What you think ma?" I asked as I watched her move around her closet, grabbing various clothes. "We don't leave for another week, why are you packing so early?" Mama stopped & looked at me.

"I have to pack for me, your daddy, Mehki, Mila-"

"I can pack for Mila." She scoffed.

"Yeah right." She didn't have to do me like that. "And probably Maiya. I need to start now."

"It doesn't even take that much to pack. It takes much more to unpack." Mama waved me off.

"Whatever. What were you asking me?"

"About the MIA Festival & the VMAs. Should I go?"

"That's up to you, baby."

"Duh ma, I know that. But I don't know for sure, that's why i'm asking you." Mama stopped what she was doing, sighed, and turned to me.

"Do your pros and cons list." I sighed, doing the list in my head. Pro for doing MIA, i'm back on the stage for the first time in 9 months. Con: I haven't been on a stage in 9 months. Pro: i'm not doing a full performance, so it doesn't matter if I haven't been on the stage in 9 months. Con: I break my streak of not being seen in 9 months. Pro: I don't have to do any publicity for it, as a guest appearance is the publicity. Con... I'm still not sure that I want to be seen. I've been gone 9 months, what's one year?

I huffed. Pro and con list was not working for MIA, and the same could be applied for the VMAs.

"Mama you ain't no help," I spoke as she grabbed a black dress. She huffed, putting the dress back.