38. Nothing Lasts Forever

That Same Day
9:02 AM

"I don't remember you having MJ do all of this," Melody gasped, trying to catch her breath. She placed her hands on her knees, leaning forward, trying to suck in as much air as she could.

"I've spoken to a few trainers over the years, and thought this would be better for you than what I was doing for MJ." Mostly, he'd spoken to Mark Jenkins, a celebrity trainer. Jenkins trained D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq and Beyoncé, who was the best female performer at that point in time. How did she get there? How was she able to sing and dance without gasping for air?

Jenkins used to have her run and sing at the same time. Specifically, sing her entire album as it sounds on the album. Melody didn't have an album yet, but Michael thought it was a good technique to help out Mel.

"I feel like falling over and dying." Michael snickered, patting Melody's back.

"It'll get easier."

"Easy for you to say, you're not singing and running at the same time. You're not even running, you're riding a bike!!" Michael climbed off his bike.

"I'm too old to be running in this hot weather." Melody rolled her eyes.

"You're so full of it daddy." Michael snickered as Melody headed towards the house. He followed behind.

Inside, Skylar was making breakfast while Maiya sat at the island, doing what she did best.

"Are you ever going to let me read one of your stories?" Skylar asked Maiya as she stirred up the batter for waffles.

"Yeah, when you're old enough," Maiya responded, looking up at her mama with a sweet smile. Skylar snorted as Mehki & Mila ran in.

"Mama can we play outside please?!?" Mehki asked, him & Mila both jumping up and down.

"After breakfast baby boy," Skylar responded, pouring the batter into the waffle iron.

"Is it almost done nana?" Mila asked.

"Almost."

"Thank God," Melody said as she and Michael walked in the kitchen. She was hungry. Running and singing really took a lot of energy. How did Beyoncé do that shit? She went to sit next to Maiya.

"Aht aht," Skylar stopped her in her tracks. "Shower first."

"But i'm hungry," Melody groaned. She was about to pass out.

"It'll be done by the time you get out. Now go, being a smelly young lady is not cute." Melody trudged past Michael out of the kitchen. Skylar raised an eyebrow at Michael.

"What?" He asked.

"You too." He sucked his teeth.

"Sky, I was on a bike."

"You were still exercising." Michael sucked his teeth, and turned to head out of the kitchen. At the same time, MJ was coming in the front door. He looked rejuvenated, fresh, ready for the day. He smiled and nodded at Michael.

"Mornin' old man," He greeted as he closed the front door behind him. Michael flicked his chin at him and he grinned, heading into the kitchen.