33. Whoops Now

June 15th, 2012
9:57 AM
Melody POV

I thought June 15th would be a normal day for me. Justin's album was dropping that day, and I was excited for him and myself cause new Bieber music, duh, but for me, I thought it would be a regular ole day.

Wrong.

When I woke up, I got out of the bed, stretched, then did my morning routine that included using the bathroom & brushing my teeth.  In the middle of me brushing my teeth, Maiya busted in the bathroom.

"You're a famous songwriter!!" She squealed excitedly.

"Huh?" I asked with a mouthful of toothpaste. She held her phone up to my face. I took it, reading it. It was a picture from the Believe booklet, where the credits were listed. Specifically, it was a picture of the credit from 'Die In Your Arms'. There were 8 names in the credits. 5 were the writers from the original sample. Berry Gordy, Alphonso Mizell, Freddie Perren, Deke Richards and Herb Rooney. One was Justin. One was Mica. And the last one? Me.

I spit out my toothpaste. "OH MY GOD!"

It didn't click for me that when you write something for a song, and it gets released, you get credit. Not until I saw my name in the booklet.

I read the tweet and the replies.

@beliebinbieber: ANOTHER MICA AND JUSTIN COLLAB WE WON

@shawtymane3: ummm... does that say Melody Jackson? As in Justins bff? Mjs siSTER? MICHAEL JACKSONS DSGHTER?

@jerrysavior: AND ITS A MICHAEL JACKSON SAMPLE OMGGGG

Nothing gets past beliebers.

"YOU'RE A SONGWRITER!!" Maiya screamed and then we both screamed loudly. I threw my toothbrush into the sink and ran out with Maiya right behind me.

"MAMA!! DADDY!!" I screamed, running down stairs. As I got down there, there were a bunch of bouquets in the living room. Mama & daddy were there, grinning. "What...?"

"OUR BABY IS A SONGWRITER!!" They both yelled and I grinned before jumping up and down.

"I'M A SONGWRITER!!!"

All of those bouquets? Mine. One from Mica, who told MJ when they got back cool, and MJ told Serenity, so that was another two from them. Justin told daddy about the song when they were in the studio together that one time, and daddy told mama, and mama told Kae and the others, so practically all the adults in the family knew & sent flowers too. Oh, and obviously Justin sent flowers.

They all had cards with variations of 'Congratulations, i'm proud of you' on them. All except Justin's.

A bridge can lead to a lot. Just wait & see.
- justin

That was all it said. It didn't need to say more though. I knew what he meant.

After going through all the bouquets, I went upstairs to call everybody and thank them. I grabbed my phone that I learned to turn off at night because people love to call and wake me up before turning it on. When it came on, it immediately start buzzing like crazy.

Texts and notifications from Twitter & Instagram poured in.

Zen: UR SONG ON JUSTINS ALBUM IS AMAZINGGGG
Princess: DIE IN YOUR ARMS??? MEL???
Bieber: are u seriously still sleep???
Bieber: and did u turn ur phone off?
Bieber: very rude of u 2 do this on my day
Ray: so when you gon write mb a song?
Amala: AS YOUR BF I FEEL DISRESPECTED THAT U DIDNT TELL ME YOU WERE A WRITER 4 BIEBER NOW
Josh: i don't usually listen to beiber, but i gotta admit that song u & mica did for him is pretty good
Zack: lemme die in your arms
Diggy: i see a lots happened since the last time we tlked. Congrats on tha song
Jaden: u can't tell me they dont wanna die in each others arms
Jaden: oops sorry, wrong jackson sister
Jaden: congrats tho!