29. Aftermath (The Intro)

January 1st, 2012
1:24 AM
Third Person POV

"At this point, i'm an honorary Jackson sister, so I feel like I should be able to spend a night," Jaden said from all the way from the back of the SUV. They were 9 deep in the truck, with Justin & Jaden being the only males in there. Justin was dropping Maiya, Melody, Princess, Zendaya, Willow, Madison (Pettis) & Jordyn (Woods) off at the Jackson's Calabasas house, where the girls were supposed to continue to bring in the new year. Jaden was supposed to be staying the night with Justin.

"If this was Neverland, and there were more boys, yeah," Maiya giggled.

"Oh, so what you're saying is party at Neverland next New Year huh?" Justin asked, looking over at Melody. She was, of course, shotgun while the others were bunched in the back. She was looking out the window, singing along to the low radio.

Ooh tear stains on my pillow
Tryna forget ya
Don't know what I'm gonna do

"More days and counting, I've been laying and staring, myself in the mirror, all alone in my room," Melody sang softly. Justin slyly turned down the music, making her look over at him. "The radio is already low."

"I know, I made it lower because I rather hear you sing it than her," Justin smirked.

"Don't hate on Marsha Ambrosius."

"I'm not hating on her, i'm..." he was going to say 'loving on you' but he decided against it. He was trying to be careful with his words since he'd found himself having a crush on her. He didn't know if she noticed, and he wanted to make sure if she hadn't, she wouldn't. He didn't want to ruin their friendship.

Also, he had a girlfriend. Can't forget that.

The relationship may have started off fake, but it was getting very real.

"You're...?" Melody asked, looking at him weirdly. He smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, I blanked out."

"Can you not blank out while you're driving us?" Zendaya asked, leaning forward between the driver & passenger seat.

"And can we please change the station? Isn't this song about death or something?" Princess asked as Zendaya sat back.

"We're almost at the house, let the song ride," Melody mumbled as Justin turned on their street.

"We're supposed to be celebrating life, not death."

"You guys want me to play 'Happy New Year' again?" Justin asked, peeking back.

"NO," Everybody said. They'd managed to play the song out in the couple of hours since Justin dropped it.

"I'm playing," He laughed, changing the station. Melody gave him a look. "I told you I'd rather hear you sing than her. You didn't sing." He turned up the radio, immediately regretting it.

You're insecure, don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or

Justin tried to turn, but Melody slapped his hand away as all the girls started singing loudly. Jaden groaned, covering his ears.