34. Start of Something New

August 20th, 2012
1:35 PM
Serenity POV

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter was going to be the death of me. Or I was going to be the death of myself, I wasn't for sure yet.

We were sitting in my office at The Wright Steps NYC. She sat on the couch, eating her salad. Blue was asleep on the cushions right next to her. I sat behind my desk, slightly massaging my temples to push away the headache that made an appearance. It wasn't helping though. Thinking about all of the things I would have to do by May was making my head throb.

"So... Superbowl in February?" I asked, to make sure I was getting everything right. Bey nodded. "Then tour in April or May?" She nodded again. "And a possibility of you dropping your album next year, meaning accompanying music videos too?"

"Yes, but I only have two songs done, so we don't have to worry about that too much." I held a scoff back. I highly doubted it, she was the woman who completed B-Day in two weeks.

"And you want me to be head choreographer in all of this?" Bey smiled.

"It's your time to shine, Serenity. With Frank being promoted to creative director, why not promote you to head choreographer?" I sat back in my chair, blowing out a silent breath.

Head choreographer for Beyoncé. That sounded good. It sound amazing actually. I'd been working with her for almost 6 years, and I did like the idea of being in charge.

However, I could already feel the exhaustion from being head choreographer of all her projects, running The Wright Steps NYC (with Becca's help obviously) and also being head choreographer for the recital.

I was already exhausted, and I knew if I agreed on this promotion, I probably wouldn't get any sleep until May. If even then.

Was I going to turn it down though? Of course not. I was all about doing things that made me happy, and all of it, exhausting as it was, made me happy.

"Let's do it," I responded & Bey grinned. "We have to come up with a good schedule though so I can balance your projects, your personal life, and my projects."

"And your personal life," Bey pointed out. Bey had been all about balance since Blue had been born, but-

"What's that?" I jokingly asked as I looked at the huge monthly desk calendar I had. I had something to do almost everyday. God, I was going to miss getting sleep.

"Something you should have. Can't be all about your work."

"Is it work if you enjoy it though?" I asked, flipping to February to put down the date for the Superbowl.

"Yes. When is the last time you and Ashley have gone out? Or you and Jill?" She asked as she put her salad down on the coffee table. I paused for a moment, thinking.

"Gone out?" I hadn't gone out in a while. "We've hung out at my condo."

"Not the same," Bey sing-song. "Go out. To dinner. To the movies. The ballet. Broadway. Something."

"I'll think about it," I teased and Bey huffed.

"If you don't go out, i'll demote you."