28. Headlines

The Same Day
8:07 AM

Michael Jackson Jr. Drops Out of BBMA's Performance

Exclusive: MJ Involved Altercation at Housewarming Birthday Party

Old Friends 4 Sale: MJ & Songwriter/Frequent Collaborator Mica Allen Brawl in Singer's New Calabasas Home

Eight hours. It had barely been eight hours and yet, MJ was already the topic of the conversation. That was nothing new, but damn if it wasn't annoying.

Serenity barely slept afterward and after a restless night, she slipped something on and decided to head back to MJ's house to see if he'd cooled down.

He lived only 16 minutes away from the Calabasas' house, so she got there in no time.

She wasn't the only one.

Mica was pulling up when she was. They both parked along the street and got out, and Serenity could see MJ really put the paws on Mica.

"Oh my God," Serenity said as she walked up to Mica. There were bruises under his eyes and a splint on his nose.

"Yeah, he fucked me up," Mica laughed weakly as Serenity scanned his face.

"He broke your nose."

"I deserved it," He shrugged.

"You didn't." He begged to differ. He'd hurt the girl he loved the most, virtually betrayed his best friend, and almost choked a bitch to death. He felt he deserved it. She looked down at his clothes, seeing he was still wearing what he had on earlier. "You came here straight from the hospital?" He nodded.

"I couldn't go home without at least trying to talk to him," She nodded, understanding.

"Let's try then," Serenity said, walking over to the buzzer. Mica followed behind her. She pressed the button and waited for a moment. He didn't answer. She knew he wasn't asleep. If she couldn't sleep after everything, she knew damn well he couldn't.  She pressed it again. Nothing again.

Serenity grabbed her phone out of her pocket and called him. The phone went straight to voicemail. She sucked her teeth, pressing the button again. A few seconds later, his voice came to the speakers.

"You want a rematch or something, Mica? Why the fuck are you here?" He spat.

"MJ-"

"Leave me the fuck alone."

"MJ open the gate." He didn't respond. "Ugh!!" Serenity started pressing the button constantly.

"STOP IT!! DAMN," MJ's voice yelled through the speaker.

"OPEN THE GATE!!" He didn't respond. "MJ!!" Mica sighed, sitting down on the ground. Serenity looked at him. "What are you doing?"

"He has to leave the house eventually." Mica was right. Serenity sat down next to him, deciding to wait it out. He couldn't stay in there forever.

Serenity's phone vibrated, and she looked at it. It was Gio texting her. She unlocked her phone, reading it.

Good morning, happy birthday baby. I c that last night was kinda eventful and ur probably still asleep, so I'll call when I think ur up. But happy birthday again beautiful <3.