17. The Next Episode

May 1st, 2008
6:14 PM
Serenity POV

"But do I invite Kaelyn?" I asked Jill as we sat in my living room.

"I don't know!! You have to look at the facts," Jill said, shifting in her seat. "That's your godmother, your aunt. You love her, and she loves you. Yet, this is the grand opening for your mother's business. They haven't spoken since January, not to mention that Tae is the business manager. I'm pretty sure he would rather not see her there." I stared at Jill blankly.

"That does not answer my question. That makes the decision even harder!!" I yelled, getting frustrated.

Finding teachers, easy. Getting people trained, easy. Figuring out the guest list, the hardest part of the grand opening.

"Well, technically anybody can come so why are you so worried about specific people?" I looked at Jill blankly.

"Would you like it if you knew I was having a grand opening and didn't invite you personally?" She pursed her lips. "Okay then. You know Kaelyn Wright would definitely be offended if she didn't get a personal invite."

"True... sucks for you," She said, hopping up and heading into the kitchen. I sucked my teeth and looked back at my guest list, reviewing the names. "Serenity, just leave it alone. Looking at it will not make the decision any easier."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved her off as there was a knock on my door. "It's open!!" The door swung open and in walked Ashley, Bey's dancer and a very talented one I may add. We ended up clicking on tour since we were so close in age. "Hey, Ash."

"Hey, Ash!!" Jill yelled from the kitchen.

"Hey," Ashley smiled. "Why's your door unlocked? Is that safe for you?"

"I had it unlocked because I knew you were coming, but you can lock it now." Ashley locked the door and walked over to the living room as Jill walked out of the kitchen with some grapes.

"Have you heard from Bey?" Ashley asked as she plopped down next to me.

"Yeah, she got back from her honeymoon right before I left and she's back in the studio." Bey & Jay tied the knot on April 4th, 2008 in a very intimate ceremony. They had it at Jay's penthouse and only 40 people were invited. I was pleasantly surprised that I made the cut.

I was glad I did though because it was beautiful. It was really a tearjerker. But I didn't know if I was crying for them or for myself.

Either way, I loved it. I had fun, we partied all the way until 5 am the next day and I got to take home two bouquets of white dendrobium orchids since Bey had 70,000 of them.

"She needs to hurry up," Ashley groaned, throwing her head back and I chuckled at her dramatics. "I'm bored. I could've been taking classes this semester if I knew that I'd have this much free time."

"You're going to be bored for a little longer honey. Unless..." Ashley's head popped back up and she looked at me. "You want to work at the Wright Steps NYC for the summer? You may not want to because I'll have you do a Bey class-"

"Yes please!!" Ashley yelled and Jill & I started laughing. "I need to do something, and I would love to do that."

"Great," I scribbled the note down in my notebook. "You mind performing at the grand opening too? My daddy and auntie will be there." Ashley's eyes lit up.