6.4 - At Wit's End

Start from the beginning

'Acheron....' I thought. 'This must be a look into the past...'

"Just....wondering where did my brother go wrong...." Eos sighed, dragging a hand down his face. The woman, her face obscured by the shadows, sighed with him. "He was always a good man....he had such potential.....I don't want to follow in my father's footsteps of neutrality....he was so insistent on keeping the kingdom isolated whilst war, famine and death raged the lands of other civilizations....Acheron and my father never did see eye to eye at times....I was the only one who understood him....."

"You can't blame yourself for something that was not in your control." The woman sighed. "He was just insistent on liberation and giving people something your father didn't....I'm glad you want to change the direction your father wanted you to go in, but....this may lead to a war if he comes back...."

"....I know...." Eos sighed, dropping his gaze from the portrait. 'But trying to talk to him...would that still work or has he already lost his mind to the dark side....?' I could hear his thoughts as well as the woman's.

The woman looked as if she had more to say, but I heard her thoughts. 'What if he was likely corrupted by something into turning into the thing he sought to eliminate....? I know I'm jumping a long hurdle, but.....*sigh* I guess we'll wait and see.'

'That's right.....Malleus did explain Acheron's past....but....I don't understand....he was once a good guy so....MAYBE it's likely someone in influencing him into turning him like he is now...? I really don't know....' I bit my lip in thought. 'Maybe there'll be more answers soon....'

"Just know that...whatever happens to you...." The woman came up and hugged him by his waist. "...I will always be there to back you up...."

Eos smiled faintly. "Thank you, Darling. Thank you...."

But that happy air didn't last long. For me at least....
Everything around me went to darkness as I felt my magic act up once more. And different Images flashed behind my eyes, the third eye being more persistent than ever...for the images I saw...

The Blonde knight shields a woman.

The dark-skinned shaman healing the fallen soldiers.

And a woman wearing silvery armor dusted in ash, clashing against a hooded figure, swords drawn on combat.

Fire and smoke surrounded a city as people
screamed and fled for their lives.

It was the war Malleus mentioned....everything looked so grotesque....but the worst was for last....it was an image of Eos being stabbed by a sword as a stream of blood fell from his lips as the blade passed through his body.....

Fuck, I think I'm gonna be sick!!!

I felt myself swimming in the darkness around me, barely feeling arms catching and securing me to a warm body before I could plummet like a meteor....
———————————

Idia finally made it to the control room seeing two men at work.