Chapter 17

Alex's POV:

It's been a couple weeks since the battle. Ruby, unfortunately wasn't dead from Genova's wand. We had her taken care of. And right now, she is in our prison. Genova and Malia have done well in our pack and I think I am ready to trust them and welcome them into the pack properly. They have gotten to know and love little Bobby. Today, Saul is being releases from the pack hospital. The doctor said he was only given enough wolf's bane to make him pass out. We asked Ruby why she would do something like that. She said we were complete idiots to believe she'd kill such a handsome guy. And she only made him think they were mates. She already met her mate a long time ago. She let that last part slip out by mistake. Cayden is still unconscious. The doctor isn't sure if he'll even make it. Genova feels terrible. Amy hasn't really even come downstairs. She's just been in Cayden's room holding one of his sweatshirts. She barely eats or sleeps. And when she does leave the room, it's to got to the hospital and visit Cayden. She sits by his side until visiting hours are done then I have to drag her out of the chair and out of the hospital. We just don't know how to help her. I was sitting at my desk doing some paperwork with Kelly when we both heard a gasp and then crying. We rushed out of the office and saw Saul standing in the hallway with Zack beside him. Malia was hugging him. She had tears in her eyes. "Malia, what's going on??" I asked. "It's a long story, Alpha.." she smiled. Saul was hugging her back too. "Alright, well I want to hear the long story now please." I stated. "Let's go into the living room. I'll get Amy. She should hear this too, I think." Genova replied, starting up the stairs. I shrugged and we all went into the living room. When Amy and Malia came down and sat down, I told Saul and Malia they could begin. Micah and Genova didn't know what was going on either, but Genova had a feeling I suppose. "Well, Gen and Mikey aren't my only siblings." Malia began. "We also have an older brother, Herold." Micah and Genova stared in shock. "I remember his face..although I really young. Saul is..our brother.." Micah was so shocked he literally fell out of his chair and Genova just sat there in pure literal shock. "I three when Malia was born and eight when you both were born. But...the night of your first birthday..I was kidnapped." Saul explained. "Mom, dad, and I were all really upset when we woke up the next morning to find him gone. We tried looking for him for years..but we could ever find even a single trace of him. After you turned three, we just gave up, although we were reluctant.." Malia added. "I spent those years and many more in the Blue Sapphire Pack. When I was old enough, I became the Gamma. I saw many wonderful things and I was treated so well. The Alpha and I tried to find you, but we couldn't find any traces of you. Years later, when you were twelve, Miss Amy, we were attacked by rogues. Many, many rogues. It was an unexpected attack. Even the warriors who guarded the edge of the pack didn't see them coming! I fought pretty well, but I guess I was struck from behind..When I woke up, I could see the many bodies around me..And the bodies of the Luna, Alpha, and Beta..I couldn't really remember much..Just that this pack used to be mine. I wandered through the woods and one day, I stumbled upon the Blood Moon Pack. Although, I didn't feel any spark or connection, the Alpha insisted I was her mate. She refused me being Alpha or Luna though. We kinda just lived together. She called me Saul. And, and several weeks ago, I remembered everything. I told her I wasn't her mate and that I was leaving. But, she had her Beta stick me with a syringe full of something...wolf's bane I guess.." Saul finished. He told us that Ruby continued to give him those shots. Micah and Genova were in tears. They hugged Malia and their brother. We all hugged them, even Amy. We were all happy for them. We decided to let them be alone and have some time to get caught up, so we left the room. Amy went back upstairs with Cayden's sweatshirt. We all looked at her as she climbed the stairs. We wanted to help her, but we had no idea how.."Amy just sits in his room all day or in his hospital room with that sweatshirt..Isn't there something we can do to cheer her up?" Kelly asked me. I shrugged and shook my head. "I think the only thing that will cheer her up, is Cayden waking up.." I told her. "I just wish we could go back in time or something..." Zack stated. Lia nodded in agreement. I wished that as well..I wished I could just..wave a magic wand and make everything better. Because right now, everything was going down the drain. Things were going well for Micah, Genova, Malia, and Saul. Even Bobby. But, the rest of us? Not so much. On top of everything, Zack found a positive pregnancy test in the bathroom. So, yes, Lia is pregnant. Zack is worried that the stress will be too much for her, so he has her resting as much as possible. And doesn't even want to talk about pack things when she's around. Not to mention we have a lot of cleanup to do from the battle. The bodies, re-building, planting more grass and trees, and ect.