Chapter 12

Cayden's POV:

I watched anxiously as Lia and Kelly came down the stairs. Then, I saw Amy. I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked beautiful..Her light blue dress, her hair done in lovely waves, her stunning flats..She looked like a princess! I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she walked over to where I was. "You look stunning.." I told her. "Thank you, Cayden." she smiled. "But what is this all about?" I smiled and led her to the dining room. It was decorated with a few balloons, a few streamers, and a birthday banner. We didn't decorate it too much because she doesn't care for fancy parties and things like that. We added paper flowers and butterflies all around the room. Even some on the table. Amy was speechless. "Happy birthday, Amy!" Everyone shouted, popping out from their hiding places. Kelly, Lia, and I obviously weren't hiding, but we joined in when they shouted it. "Wow...I..I don't know what to say...thank you, guys!" Amy said, sounding like she was gonna cry. I pulled out her chair and smiled. She sat down and I went to get the food with the help of Lia and Kelly. We made her favorite meal: cream of broccoli soup, steak, asparagus, and macaroni and cheese. I made sure we made everything she liked. I wanted this day to be special, just like her. "Oh, Cayden! It's wonderful! But, really, you guys didn't have to do all this.." she said. I shook my head and smiled. "Of course we did. You are my mate. And you deserve to have a perfect birthday..just like you." I told her. "Oh, Cayden. I'm far from perfect. But thank you. You are the sweetest mate I could ever ask for." she smiled. We all enjoyed the meal. Although it took some persuading to get Quinn and Bobby to eat the soup and asparagus. But, they finally did try it. And what do you know? They really liked it! After dinner, we led Amy to the living room. It was also decorated the same way as the dining room. That was where we all gave her our gifts. Bobby and Quinn gave her a rose, Kelly gave her a new dress, Lia and Zack gave her some books, Micah got her a couple seasons of one of her favorite movie series. A western called, Bonanza.

 A western called, Bonanza

Finally, it was my turn

Finally, it was my turn. I handed Amy my gift. She smiled as she opened it. "Oh! It's beautiful!" She exclaimed, taking the necklace out of the box. "Just like you, Amy." I thought. "Help me put it on?" she asked. "Of course." I said, taking the necklace. After I had latched the clasp, she turned around. Oh, she looked gorgeous!

 Oh, she looked gorgeous!

Amy's POV:

Tonight has been the best night of my life..I had a delicious meal, I got a lot of wonderful gifts. Little did I know, the best gift was yet to come. And, I got to spend the day with my friends.

 After I opened my gifts, we watched an episode of Bonanza. Then, it was time for cake. "Can this day get any better?!" Jill exclaimed. I laughed and shrugged. "Wow!" I exclaimed when I saw the cake. It was an ice cream cake with blue icing and pink trim and a bunch of rainbow sprinkles. "Do we have to eat it? It's too pretty to eat!" Jill whined. I smiled as everyone sang the "Happy Birthday" song. It was a tasty cookies & cream cake. "Ok! I changed my mind! Let's eat it!" Jill exclaimed, almost drooling at the sight of the slice of cake we had been given. I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, guys, so much! This has been one of the best birthdays I have ever had." I said. After we had our cake, Cayden led me outside while the others cleaned up. He led me to the garden. I was in awe. The garden looked so beautiful in the moonlight! "Amy," Cayden said, taking my hands into his. I looked up at him. "Amy, when I first met you, I wasn't really..a brave wolf. I was weak. But, after meeting you, I've become braver and stronger. I promise to protect you always. Will you, Amy, be my mate?" I had tears of joy coming down my cheeks as I nodded. "Yes, Cayden! Of course you can mark me." He smiled as he bent down over my neck. When he found the right spot, he planted his mark. He looked at me, a sparkle in his eyes. "Cayden, when I first came here, I was scared and alone with no memory. But, you were always there for me. Every time I felt afraid. I love you, Cayden." I hugged him. "I love you too," he whispered in my ear.

*********************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's not as long as my other chapters, but I just felt this was a good place to end. What did you think of Amy's presents? Which was your favorite? If you want to, let me know in the comments what you thought. And, if you want to, feel free to vote if you liked it. I'll try and post the next chapter soon. Have a good week!