Chapter 11

Cayden's POV:

Today is Amy's birthday. I am nervous, but excited at the same time. Amy is at the mall with Lia and Zack. I think Kelly is on FaceTime with them, although she's trying to make the cake. Alex is in his office doing some work, so he doesn't have to work during the party tonight. I was in my room, practicing a small speech for when it's time for me to mark her. I was trying not to sound dumb, but I think I was failing miserably. "Um..Cayden..We may have a problem.." Kelly poked her head through the door. "What is it?" I asked. "We don't have enough pink food coloring for the design you wanted for the cake.." she told me. "Wait, what?! I thought we had plenty!" I exclaimed. "So did I. But when I opened the bottle, I found only a couple drops. Only enough for trim not an entire cake." I thought for a minute. Finally I came up with an idea. "Alright, how about use the pink icing for the trim. Use the blue for the rest of the cake. We can add some rainbow sprinkles for more color and more pink." I suggested. "That sounds perfect, Cayden! And we still have plenty of sprinkles from Quinn's unicorn cake last year." I nodded. "Great. I'll come help you. I think I'm done with this speech anyways." She laughed. "Alex and Zack did try to tell you. You don't need a speech." I shrugged. "I just ended the call with them. I decided not to risk getting caught. Amy already thought I was strange for making an ice cream cake for no reason. And I admit, it is weird. But, it's not for no reason!" We both laughed at that. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Mommy?" Quinn asked, coming into the kitchen. "Yes, Quinn?" Kelly knelt down in front of her. "Can Bobby and me have some cookies and milk, please? Mr. Micah said I had to ask you first." she smiled. "Alright. But only a couple cookies. We're gonna have a special treat tonight for Miss Amy." "Ok, mommy!" the little toddler and Kelly made the snack and went up the stairs to Quinn's room. Bobby was doing really well. But we decided he should rest a while today so he'd be ready for the party. Micah was watching Bobby and Quinn while we were busy. From the looks of Quinn's fairy costume, and her happy little face, I'd say she was having fun. She did love playing fairy.

Soon, Kelly came down and we began work on the cake decorating

Soon, Kelly came down and we began work on the cake decorating. It was kinda fun to be honest. I have never really baked anything or decorated any cakes before. So this was new to me. I may have made a tiny mess, but I think the cake turned out pretty good. After we were done, Kelly put it in the freezer and I went back to work on my speech. An hour passed before I realized I hadn't picked out the special spot, where I would mark Amy, yet. I was in a state of panic. Amy would probably be back soon and I wasn't yet ready! I ran outside looking around for the perfect spot. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one. "What about the garden?" Flint suggested. "But I really want it to be romantic! How romantic could-" "Have you not seen how lovely the garden looks at night? It's seriously romantic!" Flint interrupted. "You might be right..Alright, we'll try it." I replied. I walked to the garden. And it did actually look pretty lovely. I think it would be perfect. Especially at night. I went back into the house and put on my suit. I put her gift in my suit pocket. I was as ready as I would ever be.

Amy's POV:

"Come on, Amy! Let's go upstairs and get you ready for tonight!" Lia said enthusiastically. I had no clue what was going on. Since this morning, everyone has been acting really weird. She led me up the stairs. Kelly was waiting in my room. "Let's see what you got!" she said, opening the shopping bag. "Oh wow..This is gorgeous! Hurry, let's get you dressed and ready to go!" Zack was downstairs letting Alex and Cayden know we were back. Kelly and Lia helped me get dressed in my new outfit. "Here, I have the perfect pair of shoes for you." Lia handed me a lovely pair of silver flats. I put them on and then they did my hair and makeup. "I might have some earrings to go with the dress..wait here a minute." Kelly said. I nodded as she went to go find a pair of earrings. Soon, she came back with a stunning pair of earrings. "Why am I getting so dressed up?" I asked as I clipped on the earrings. "You'll find out soon." Lia smiled suspiciously. "We'll be right back. We need to change. We'll come get you in a few minutes." Kelly replied. I watched as she and Lia hurried out of the room. "I am really in the dark right now. What could they be up to?!" I asked my wolf. "I don't know. We did day we didn't want anything fancy." Jill stated. "Yea. And I don't think they would plan a big, fancy party..Would they??" I stated. Jill shrugged. I sat down on the bed and picked up a book to read. I read my book until Lia and Kelly knocked on my door. "Amy, we're ready for you," Lia replied. I looked up and was stunned. They looked really nice! Kelly wore a pale green dress with white earrings and a pinkish lip gloss. Her dark hair was done in a neat half up. Her shoes were silver sandals.

Lia wore a navy blue dress with her blond hair at her side in a braid

Lia wore a navy blue dress with her blond hair at her side in a braid. She had a pinkish red shade of lip stick. Her shoes were nice, but I don't think I'd last a minute in those heels. She wore white earrings too.

 She wore white earrings too

"Ok, really girls. What is going on here?!" I demanded. "Come down and take a look." Lia grabbed my hand and they led me down the stairs.

********************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! I hope you like this chapter of the story. Yes, I changed the title. I kinda felt like the old one didn't really fit the story. Anyway, if you like, feel free to let me know in the comments. And if you liked it, feel free to vote. I am sorry I take a while to post the chapters. I'll try to post sooner. I'll try and post the next one tomorrow. Enjoy!