Chapter 17

~~~~Achlys

"NO! ROXA!"

I turned around at the familiar voice to find Jinx and Viktor. My body froze at her sight and my heart accelerated itself.

No. She betrayed you.

"Goodnight Love..."

I chuckled as i let a gas bomb Fall and put on my mask. They both quickly fell unconscious. I walked over to her and observed her.

I picked her up in bridal style and walked to the bedroom putting her down on the chair and gently attached her with rope, making sure it wasn't too tight.

I caressed her face and put her hair behind her ear.

She's bleeding...

It's A cut on her face.... Probably from falling debris.

Returning with a washing cloth, i gently cleaned her wound and disinfected it. Afterwards, i cleaned the washcloth and returned to her still unconscious.

I caressed her face gently while watching her asleep.

I had seen it so many times and yet ... I still feel the same when I see it.

Even after your betrayal, your beauty hasn't faltered in my eyes.

I kissed her forehead and walked out. I sighed at the sight of my metal scientist.

Viktor...

I took his leg and dragged him into a room.

"Ugh you're so fucking HEAVY! what kind of metal did you USEEEEE!" I said struggling to drag him off.

I sighed as we finally arrived.

Pff... Finally.

I looked down at his unconscious body as an idea popped into my mind. I took red paint an gave him a smile on his metal face.

"Have a good nap, Loser."

I came back to Jinx still unconscious. My eyes fell on her hair and her hair ornament.

... You still wear it?

I listened to her breathing ...

She'll soon awaken.

I sat down by the window and waited for her to wake up

Finally ...

The sound her movements alerted me, i looked back at her finally awoken.

"Achlys... You're ... Alive." She whispered.

"Yeah... I'm immortal... That's kind of the point." I said sarcastically.

I got down and looked at her with piercing eyes.

"Achlys... What happened to you...?"

"What happened...?" I repeated.

"You don't look like yourself..." She said looking at me concerned.

Don't look at me like that.

In a flash of a blink, i was now, in the light, in front of her. Her eyes widened as i looked at her with a smirk.

"...And you still look as beautiful as the last time I saw you."

She looked surprised but mostly concerned by the blood splatters on my face.

"Are you the one who's been attacking all these cities...?" She asked softly.

"Since when do you care? After all, you betrayed me... And then abandoned me... So why..." I said crouched in front Of Jinx.

Her eyebrows furrowed at my words. I scanned her body before continuing.

"You've created a monster jinx ... Just like your sister did for you... You've ripped out all my parts... And now, i got to kill the part of me that saw... that i needed you more than anything."

Jinx's eyes fell on my ringless finger in hurt.

"Achlys... I was searching for you... I-i still love you! You don't need to do this-"

I suddenly pushed the chair against the wall, my fist creating a crater next to her head out of anger.

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" I screamed at her.

I looked down at her in silence. After a few silent seconds, i decided to cut her ties and backed away.

She won't hurt me physically. She doesn't have the heart to do it.

I turned my back to her in complete trust she won't try anything even though she's armed.

"The world is going to perish Jinx."

"What do you mean...?" She asked looking at me.

I looked over my shoulder to look at her beautiful face once again.

"I will set this world on fire... Nobody will ever have to suffer again."

"Achlys..."

I saw her wanting to come closer but hesitant i would back away... I decided to allow her this moment between us.

She walked over to me, holding my face with both of her hands. Our faces a few inches from each other...

I've missed your touch so dearly ... I wish I could kiss those lips like i used to... But things have changed...

"If you want to stop me, you'll have to kill me... And Next time we'll meet... Consider me an enemy." I whispered looking down at her lips before letting myself free fall off the building.

"ACHLYS!" She screamed reaching out to me.

Goodbye Jinx... Until we meet again... Just one last time.