Chapter 22

~~~~~Jinx

I arrived to find Achlys and Viktor restrained. I loaded up my handgun and pointed it at the Girl when her voice brought me back.

"JINX DON'T!"

My Body froze at her words as the girl, unimpressed, turned around to face me.

"Hm... So you really are jinx..." She said standing up and crossing her arms.

I stood my ground still pointing my gun to her. She clicked her fingers and men suddenly pointed all of their guns at me. Achlys's eyes widened in panic.

"VALA NO! SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! SHE WON'T BE A DANGER!" She screamed out at Vala.

Vala's eyebrows raised in interest.

"You don't remember anything ...?" She asked me.

I ignored the question and gulped trying to keep my composure.

"Let go of them." I said in a strict tone.

She looked at my trembling hand and chuckled, clearly mocking me.

"... I don't see you pressing that trigger any time soon."

She started walking towards me in a predatory manor. She walked around me as i followed her with my gun.

"Achlys... Tell me ... What do you see in her?"

Achlys looked at her pissed off.

"What? She's clearly not The loose Canon anymore ... She's Just ... a scared ... Weak... little girl."

"It's none of your business snake." Said Achlys spitting at her feet.

Vala chuckled at her reaction but continued.

She may look like her but you and i both know this isn't your lover... So ... Why are you still protective of her like that ...? Is it the guilt? Or is it pity?"

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" I screamed and shot at her feet.

The men raised their guns, ready to fire at me.

"NO! JINX!" Screamed Achlys desperately trying to get out of the hold Vala's men had on her.

Vala raised her hand stopping the shooting. Achlys looked shocked but sighed in relief, Her head against the floor.

Vala began laughing and looked at me.

"I'm impressed little girl... I didn't think you knew where the trigger was."

She stopped herself in front of the boxes while holding a purple substance in her hand.

"Do you know what this is?" She asked me.

"No." I responded coldly.

"Do you want to know what it is?"

"Not really, all i want is for you to let them go."

A smirk appeared on her face.

"Hm... That's too bad... You could've remembered your past life ..." She said in a saddened tone.

My eyes Widened at her claim.

"Oh... You didn't know? Achlys... You could've told her."

I dropped my gun and looked back at Achlys.

"Jinx... I didn't know-"

"Nuh uh, let's not lie. You knew it it could help her."

"I... I did but i had no idea Shimmer still existed!"

I looked at her feeling a bit betrayed.

"Jinx, let's make a deal." Said Vala.