Chapter 12

~~~~~Jinx

We returned slowly walking together when I accidentally fell over and created an open wound on my knee. Achlys picked me up and brought me into a weird place...

A plane motor ...?

She put me down on the couch and cut herself to heal me.

"What is this place...?"

She looked down.

"Our hideout. Where no one could find us..."

I looked at her wound closing again and my knee healed.

"Why are you keeping this power from people ...?" I asked looking back at her.

"... Some things better stay hidden. It's far safer this way. You need to keep that to yourself." She said standing back up.

"But it's selfish! You could be healing everyone!" I responded confused by her reasoning.

"Jinx, i won't have this conversation with you."

I stood up and looked at her.

"WHY?! i don't understand! You're letting people die!" I yelled at her.

"You can't save everyone. That's just how it is. You don't understand cause you weren't there but i tried... People abuse power once it's found. Other nations finding out about my power would make more harm..." She said in a cold tone clearly not happy about this conversation being pushed onto her.

Her fist clenched themselves as she walked away from me.

"YOU'RE SO SELFISH AND PRIVILEGED! I don't understand why people praise you so much!" I screamed again.

She froze at my words.

"What did you just say...?" She whispered looking over her shoulder.

"I said what i said. People keep saying that you're a tragic hero who sacrificed everything for Zaun but you're here living with all this comfort and the Power to heal and you still let people die cause you're scared! YOU LET EVERYONE YOU LOVED DIE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD THIS POWER! VI IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Her eyes widened at my words clearly in shock of what i just said. Her gaze slowly dropped down to her feet.

"... You're right ... It's my fault..."

Her eyes looked back at me in the coldest glare i had ever seen.

"Enjoy your gifts." She said leaving.

~~~~~Vala

"Elysia."

He looked back at me confused.

"What are you doing here...?"

I gave him a picture of Achlys and the girl. His eyes widened in shock.

"Jinx... Is alive ...?" He whispered.

My eyes widened.

"Are you sure that that's jinx?!" I asked.

"Well... She looks like her... I... I'm so confused... Why would she hide that from me...? I need to go talk to her." He said walking away.

The doors unfortunately did not open.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that ... Elysia... It was nice meeting you though."

"WHAT-"

*BAM*