37. JULIET AND OPERATION PUPIN

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

The girl broke off their loving kiss first, her lungs begging for air. Remus rested his forehead on hers, tightening his grip around his girlfriend's waist.

"I could get used to that." He whispered, pecking her lips making her chuckle.

"I'm sure you could."

She then attempted to pull away, only to be brought back in his warm embrace.

"Wait." He whined. "Don't pull away. Not yet."

"Remus, we have to-" She cut herself off, pursing her lips in defeat the second she saw his puppy eyes. "Fine."

How can she say no to that?

But they did need to go back to their common room. They were not supposed to stay outside for too long, especially in a time like that. It was dangerous and though she desperately wanted that moment to last forever, she knew she had to let it go for their own protection.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Remus shifted, burying his face in the crook of her neck, taking in her scent. His hands were ever so firmly on her back, holding her close to him.

Juliet started to play with his hair, making him release a sigh.

"Please tell me this is real, and not the best dream I've had in my entire life." His voice came out slightly muffled, his warm breath tickling her skin.

She smiled, softly forcing him to pull away so he could see her face. She then studied his face for a few seconds before leaning in for a short kiss.

"This." Another peck. "Is." Another peck. "Real." Another peck.

"God, I love you." He growled.

Before she could reply, they heard a gasp behind them, causing them to snap their heads in that direction.

There stood Sirius Black and Mary Macdonald, watching them with their jaws on the floor. Though the boy's expression soon shifted and he had a large grin on his face.

"Get it, Moony!" He yelled, his fists in the air.

"Oh my God." Juliet mumbled, looking away from them, embarrassed.

Remus chuckled at her. He then pulled away from the embrace, taking her hand in his and starting to walk towards their friends.

"And to think we were starting to work on Operation Pupin." Sirius shook his head, the big smile still present.

"Hey! We agreed on Ruliet!" Mary protested.

"No. You and Lily agreed on Ruliet, the rest of us voted for Pupin." He raised an eyebrow at her.