35. JULIET AND THE PINKY PROMISE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

When the girl pulled away, she noticed Remus' wide eyes, flushed cheecks and parted lips. She chuckled at his surprised expression, looking down awkwardly.

"Sorry... I guess I'm the one with self-control problems." She finally said.

"You just kissed me." He whispered as if he had just realised it.

He'd been wanting to do it for so long and now that he had felt her soft lips over his, he couldn't believe it actually happened.

"I did." Juliet confirmed.

"Oh my God."

The girl blinked. "Should I give you a minute?"

"Yes please." She nodded and he suddenly seemed lost in thoughts. After a few seconds that felt like eternity, he shook his head and looked up at her. "Can you- no, can I-..." He took a big breath. "Can I kiss you again?"

"Right now, I kind of feel like shit, because you're being a whole gentleman, asking me and all, and I just jumped on you." She joked, trying to get rid of the evident nervousness he was feeling. It was successful, he chuckled. "Yes, you can."

So the werewolf stepped closer, their bodies lightly touching each other. His hands moved to cup her cheeks, and he leaned in. His subconscious wandered to every instant they were interrupted and was praying that anyone passing by had the decency to let him kiss her at least once more before deciding to talk.

His heart exploded, and maybe, time stopped when his lips met hers again. He couldn't tell, his whole focus was on her, and how electrifying it was when she traced her fingers on his chest. How they would move so smoothly and in sync.

The warmth and softness of her lips was becoming addictive, and she was invading all his senses. She still smelled like lavender and there seemed to be a fruity taste on her lips. Perhaps was it tangerines? Or mango? He didn't know, but it was his favorite fruit now.

She kissed him back, and when they would part for a mere second to breathe, he would sneakily open his eyes to take a peek and make sure she was real and not the produce of his imagination, she was standing there, and she was kissing him.

He couldn't even tell how long he had desired to feel her touch, but he was putting this behind him, fully enjoying the moment.

Sadly, their lungs were on fire, screaming for air, so they pulled away, slightly panting. Not entirely separating though, their foreheads were resting against each other, and both of their eyes were still closed for a few seconds.

When Juliet opened hers, she saw Remus staring at her with the purest smile she had ever seen. The grin making its way to her own lips, she sighed in content.

"Hi." She whispered.

His hands still cupping her cheeks, he gave them a carress before moving them down, around her hips, pulling her body closer. She automatically wrapped her arms around his neck.

Remus Lupin had felt happiness before. A few times, with his best friends. But what he was feeling at that exact moment was a whole different kind of happiness, one that he somehow couldn't pinpoint. Some mixture of bliss and affection. Maybe that was love.

He knew he loved her, so it wasn't shocking. It was pleasant.

"Hi." He whispered back, nudging her nose with his, making her giggle.

And his heart swelled. He could swear he could die of a cardiac arrest right then. She had entire control over his heart and was unconsciously pulling on every string of it, as if innocently playing with a marionette.

"That was nice." She said.

"You're being generous with your use of words."

He didn't believe there was a word in any language to describe it.

"Maybe. I was never too concerned about the extent of my vocabulary." She grinned sheepishly.

"That's fine. I can deal with that."

Her heart was pounding. He was willing to accept every single ounce of her. How could she not realise what was in front of her earlier?

"You better."

"Is that a threat?"

"Do you want it to be one?"

"Yes. I love to be threatened." She chuckled at his sarcastic tone.

"That's a weird kink."

"Shut up, please." He blushed.

And they stood there, slightly swaying, and taking in a moment they both wished happened before. It took a few minutes before Juliet spoke up again.

"We should go back to the common room." She whispered, her tone serious.

"I don't want to." Remus whined, tightening his grip around her waist, creating funny feelings inside her stomach.

"Remus... The basilisk..." She reminded softly.

And he remembered where they were. A few corridors away from where the first incident happened. Though disappointed of having to let go of that moment, he was more worried about her safety than anything else, so he nodded, taking her hand and pulling her with him.

They walked down the stairs and corridors and finally made their way back to the Gryffindor common room.

He was squeezing her hand, truly not wanting to let go. Noticing his sudden clingy behaviour, she moved her other hand to rest it on top of his and smiled up at him.

"We seriously need to talk about this. About us." He nodded in agreement.

He liked it. How she referred to the two of them as an us.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow? Is that alright?"

He didn't want to let go. He wanted to talk about it now, and have her by his side for the rest of the night. But he did also think that some time to process the evening was not so bad.

"Pinky promise?" He brought the pinky of his free hand up.

She stared at him confused, looking between his finger and him. Chuckling, he brought the hand he was holding, up, and curled his pinky with hers. Then he moved his thumb to touch hers.

"That's to seal a promise." He told her, and she nodded with a small smile.

"Pinky promise." She repeated in a soft voice.

Slowly letting go of each other, they stared at each other for a few seconds before the Potter girl whispered a "Good night", making her way up the stairs to her dorm, leaving the lovesick werewolf behind.

He stood there, heart still pounding against his chest, staring at the stairs like a sad and lost puppy.

And then, to his surprise, she ran back down, gave him a peck, a smile and ran back upstairs.

It took him a second to process what happened, but he started to laugh, shaking his head at her cuteness, and made his way to his own dorm.

* * *

this probably is my favorite chapter so far