00. JULIET AND JAMES POTTER

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

July 1971

They say twins tend to be closer than typical siblings. And that was the case for James and Juliet Potter. It was very rare to see them apart. They were always together growing up, glued to the hip.

And they were big pranksters.

Anybody who had been unlucky enough to be their target ended up feeling bad for the kids' parents. Oh, those troublemakers, how difficult it must be to deal with them.

Though it wasn't truly far from reality, their parents were happy. It was not a secret in the wizarding world that Euphemia and Fleamont Potter had trouble conceiving a child for a few years. The multiple tries that ended up unsuccessful left them in the sorrowful thoughts that one of them might have been infertile.

Yet one day, she was finally pregnant. But it wasn't until the moment she gave birth that they found out they've been blessed with not one, but two children.

And so, James Fleamont Potter was born on March 27th 1960 at 23:55 and Juliet Euphemia Potter was born on March 28th 1960 at 00:07. And James did not waste one opportunity to tease her on the fact that he was twelve minutes older than her.

Everywhere they went, joy followed. The sounds of giggles filled the walls of the Potter's house. Euphemia and Fleamont knew what was coming, and they did their best not to think about it and though they were excited for their children to go to the same school they did, their minds still wandered to the thought that the house would feel awfully empty and quiet while they'd be gone.

Oh, where? Hogwarts, of course! It was July 1971, the twins were eleven years-old and they were waiting for their acceptance letter. And their excitement grew every day.

And it finally came.

When the preparations have been made, the siblings were sent off to Scotland.

They were inside a Hogwarts Express compartment, talking about the four houses.

"I think we'll both be in Gryffindor. Just like mum and dad." James said.

It didn't matter to Juliet. She didn't care about the houses, it wouldn't bother her to be put in Slytherin. But it mattered to James. They've heard from older students in Diagon Alley that it was practically a tradition for Slytherins and Gryffindors to hate each other. And James seemed to despise the House of the cunning. So she nodded.

In the compartment, they were joined by a tall boy their age with black hair and grey eyes who noted that other spaces were full.

Then another tall boy with brown hair and eyes had asked to join them a minute later.

Finally a smaller boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, much more timidly than the two others also sat in the compartment.

And this was how Juliet Potter met Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

Seeming how they got along pretty well, Juliet was hoping these would be the people she was going to spend the next seven years with.

She was quite happy when all five of them were in the House of the Brave. She could tell James was glad that neither he or his sister were "snakes".